Doubts about admission chances! EU undergrad applicant! Watch

ZRCosta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm having a bit of difficulty assessing my chances of admission into universities in the UK (Particularly Scotland!) as a EU resident.. Realistically speaking I would like to see if I actually do have a chance as an apparent "adult learner" at getting into my choices.

Name: Jose
Nationality/residence: Lisbon, Portugal
Pretended degree: Bsc in Biological Science (Cellular/molecular biology)
Preferred universities: Glasgow, Dundee,Strathclyde,Aberdeen (all are subject to change depending on reality of admission chances! I do have a preference for Scottish Universities)

Current education - Diploma de Ensino Secundario (Portuguese high school final score = 14.5 / 20, with a 17/20 score in Biology and 18/20 in English on final national examinations.

I also have an American GED (is that relevant at all?)
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No one can predict your chances! Apply where you find the course interesting and meet the entry requirements.
Luneth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're more likely to be accepted to a uni where you'll actually have to pay money.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ZRCosta)
I'm having a bit of difficulty accessing my chances of admission into universities in the UK (Particularly Scotland!) as a EU resident.. Realistically speaking I would like to see if I actually do have a chance as an apparent "adult learner" at getting into my choices.

Name: Jose
Nationality/residence: Lisbon, Portugal
Pretended degree: Bsc in Biological Science (Cellular/molecular biology)
Preferred universities: Glasgow, Dundee,Strathclyde,Aberdeen (all are subject to change depending on reality of admission chances! I do have a preference for Scottish Universities)

Current education - Diploma de Ensino Secundario (Portuguese high school final score = 14.5 / 20, with a 17/20 score in Biology and 18/20 in English on final national examinations.

I also have an American GED (is that relevant at all?)
The guidance for universities on non-UK qualifications is here: https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/f...ifications.pdf

Your high school scores are good and likely to get you entry - although most universities might ask you to have some recent study (preferably in English) to show that you're still capable.

Contact the universities you're interested in and ask them if they would like to see anything more recent and if so what.
ZRCosta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Luneth)
You're more likely to be accepted to a uni where you'll actually have to pay money.
I do not mind paying the tuition if accepted! It isn't overbearing and I believe in helping where you can (and helping yourself get into the desired university seems more than enough motivation to dish out 1,4K pounds a year TBH)

How is it we should
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%