Possible rejections Watch

brokenbones
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys!
I just got an email from LSE saying that my application is under initial review. According to LSE:
'Initial assessment: your application is reviewed to ensure your academic qualifications (predicted/achieved) meet the entry requirements for the programme to which you have applied, and your personal statement is assessed. Following this assessment, your application will either be put forward for further consideration, or you will receive an unsuccessful decision.'

So I've been wondering, in case of any rejections, does anybody know how long may it take LSE to send the unsuccessful decision after initial review? Week, month?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It really depends. This is a busy time of year. Relax, don't panic and just wait it out. Good luck!
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by brokenbones)
So I've been wondering, in case of any rejections, does anybody know how long may it take LSE to send the unsuccessful decision after initial review? Week, month?
Depends on how bad you are compared to everyone else that gets rejected. I know someone who got rejected after the review period, and another who got rejected on his 7th week out of 8. Rejections go all the way into New Year and beyond. It is possible to get an LSE 8 week email, go through those 8 weeks, get another 4 week extension, and get rejected right at the end of it.

Unless you compare yourself to the average applicant's grades through Freedom of Information requests, it's quite hard to see where you fit in compared to the rest of your cohort in terms of the competitiveness of your application.
turingfp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got a similar mail, but it said

"Your application is currently under initial review. We conduct this preliminary assessment holistically. Once this stage is complete your application will either require further assessment by the Admissions Selector, or you will receive a decision on your application."

Any ideas?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.73%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (313)
64.54%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.74%
Not yet but I might (63)
12.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed