Written Work for Oxford Watch

wuyi_16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone know how sample work for Oxford from an extended essay should be formatted ?
Also, does the work have to have comments by a teacher on it?
Apply for English. Thanks.
stasss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wuyi_16)
Does anyone know how sample work for Oxford from an extended essay should be formatted ?
Also, does the work have to have comments by a teacher on it?
Apply for English. Thanks.
yes- it should have your teacher's comments written on it. What do you mean by format?
EmmaCx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"It must be original school or college work, marked by a teacher, and not re-written or corrected in any way. It may be typed or handwritten – as long as it is legible – and photocopies are acceptable. Individual course pages give more information about the best type of work to send and how long it should be, but no course will accept work longer than 2,000 words."

"Candidates are required to submit one recent example of writing, by 10 November 2016. This should be a marked essay produced in the normal course of your school or college work and should not have been rewritten after marking. Preferably it should be an analytical discussion of a topic or topics in the field of English literature, though an English language topic is permissible. It should not be a short timed essay, a critical commentary on particular passages of text (practical criticism exercises), or a piece of creative writing."

"If you are not sure what to send, or if you are concerned that you do not have suitable written work, you should contact the college that is considering your application."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.81%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (311)
64.39%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.76%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed