Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have had an offer for Romero... anybody else?

Also, i can only accept the offer once i've imput my bank details, but i was hoping to open up a NATWEST student account and then inform student finance direct before accepting my place... Is this necessary or should i just put in what i have as my current account atm and then update it when i get my new bank account? Or is that too rsiky?

ReputationRep:
    I used the details for the current account i already had But thats because I only applied for my student account yesterday

ReputationRep:
    You need to accept the offer within 7 days so unless you can get an account + details ASAP I would accept it and then change your details later on over the phone.

PS: Romero FTW

ReputationRep:
    I have reckoned on the 28th August been my last day to apply so if i send off my forms tomorrow... you never know they may be returned to me in time? If not i will just use my current account and update!

Who are my neighbours?!?

ReputationRep:
    On the NatWest site it said it would take them upto 10 days from when they receive the completed forms for the account to be opened.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be living in Romero

Still have my student account from last year so didnt have to worry about any of that thankfully

Dan

ReputationRep:
    Hi Dan!! I'll be seeing you around then i'm sure! Did you decide to change uni's this year? If so where from and why?

ReputationRep:
    Heya Kidders,

Bit of a long story but..

I most certainly did, was at Bath last year doing Electrical & Electronic Eng.(missed out on getting into imperial college by 8 marks in one paper - was a bit cruel when I phoned up and they guy said 'I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, all replies are on UCAS fr you to check!)

Anywho, so I didnt really want to be at Bath, yet didn't want to waste another year, this was made worse by the fact that they just didnt have a clue ('apparantly' it used to be really good but they lied in a times review and were found out and subsequently punished!! by their explanation it meant they moved down the table and lesser quality students enrolled)

So I was stuck somewhere I didnt want to be, with people that didnt really care about the subject ~ also only person doing a masters!

So eventually (start of december) , it just got beyond a joke and I left (oohhh they weren't happy about that!!) Spoke with the admissions guy at Soton ECS and he said I could join this year or start as a fresher (which sounded the better option) so I ended up doing a year in industry (which is where I am at the moment *cough* working really hard in my last 2 weeks !!)

And so I start again this year at somewhere I really want to be doing Elec Eng! (plus the course is a year shorter so that way I havent wasted a year at all!)

Dan

ReputationRep:
    I see! Well it's good you've managed to sort something out and be somewhere where you want to be now! My mate really wanted to go to Newcastle but didn't do great in Alevels so missed the offer, but went to her insurance choice and doesn't like it there, but for some reason is just making do!

I am a year older than most of the freshers as well, but it's because i took a year out after GCSE's... well i did start sixth form, but didn't choose the right subjects so got a job and started again the year later! Can't quite believe i'm going to be 20 at the end of this year!! Lol when you see me you wont quite believe it either... i'm very short!! lol

ReputationRep:
    Im 20 in 2 weeks, even scarier! Will be 2 years older than most!

Well I'll make a beeline for the first short person in Romero and say hi Kidders!

It will either work, or break the ice really well with other people!

dan

ReputationRep:
    Youll all love Romero, I was there last year and take no notice of what people say, youll love it and ahte to leave it at the end of the year.

Good Luck and dont worry, youre guranteed to get homesick etc, but you all get it and will get over it.

Have fun!!

p.s Anyone in Flat 8 Room 61 its mine!

ReputationRep:
    Romero had a friendly feel to it - and for some reason it's the place that I got to know flat mates best in (having the common room was great too)

One thing I would suggest is to keep something warm by your bedroom door that is easy to put on at night :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul-i-oh)
    Youll all love Romero, I was there last year and take no notice of what people say, youll love it and ahte to leave it at the end of the year.

Good Luck and dont worry, youre guranteed to get homesick etc, but you all get it and will get over it.

Have fun!!

p.s Anyone in Flat 8 Room 61 its mine!
    I was in flat 10, not sure if we've met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swiftuk)
    One thing I would suggest is to keep something warm by your bedroom door that is easy to put on at night :rolleyes:
    I would suggest that for every halls - keep something warm and some shoes near the bed/door that you can throw on quickly when your fire alarm goes off in the middle of the night - and it WILL go off in the middle of the night!

ReputationRep:
    OMG Romero Fire alarms FTL... gah!

ReputationRep:
    I remember in Hartley the worst one we had was at about 6am (it was a test but they hadn't warned us!) and I staggered outside in my Pj's, hair everywhere, makeup all round my eyes (it had been a big night out!) to be greeted by hot guy I had a proper crush on who patted me on the head and said 'man alive you look like crap' and laughed. :mad:

That prompted me to religiously take my make up off every night no matter how drunkard I am!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Romero is definitely the worst for fire alarms - they're always going off

ReputationRep:
    PQ - must confess to being fascinated by who you might be as you seem to be a guru of all things southampton!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    ha ha ha ha!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.