The Student Room Group

Foundation year and personal statement

I'm applying to study anthropology at uni and I was just wondering if I should mention in my personal statement that I'd be open to taking a foundation year? I already have my results and have taken a year out. I managed to get CDD after a particularly difficult year with no teacher for one of my subjects during the last two terms and that drastically effected my end grades.
Original post by anousha_f
I'm applying to study anthropology at uni and I was just wondering if I should mention in my personal statement that I'd be open to taking a foundation year? I already have my results and have taken a year out. I managed to get CDD after a particularly difficult year with no teacher for one of my subjects during the last two terms and that drastically effected my end grades.

Don't put this in your PS - contact those universities directly once UCAS have processed your application to ask for consideration for foundation
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Don't put this in your PS - contact those universities directly once UCAS have processed your application to ask for consideration for foundation

Ok great, so just give them my ucas number and details? Then ask for them to consider me for a foundation year? Also would it be worth mentioning when I contact them that my last year I school was particularly difficult only I feel I'm only having to apply for a foundation year bc of that and I'm not actually a student who doesn't work very hard if you get what I mean :smile: Thanks!
Reply 3
I'm in the same boat as you!! I got CCD in my A levels after hating college and now I feel limited in options for university. I'm thinking of applying for forensic science with anthropology at Uclan as they have the option of a foundation year.
Are you going to apply directly for the foundation course or apply normally? I don't want to take my chances and not apply for the foundation and get rejected :frown:
Also where are you applying?

Quick Reply