Turn on thread page Beta

It just keeps getting worse for Brexit! watch

ReputationRep:
    It seems that the Leave campaign was so mendacious and fraudulent that the CPS are getting involved now.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...mment-87042036
    "The people have spoken". LOL!

ReputationRep:
    :yawn: Change the record dude

ReputationRep:
    It's the Guardian, nobody is surprised.
    But then again, the Sun and Daily Mail would churn out sore loser talk in that very same way had we voted remain

ReputationRep:
    Globalisation is inevitable and desirable, and Brexit is a retarded act of tribalism. Hopefully somebody in Parliament will have the courage to stand up for rationality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    But then again, the Sun and Daily Mail would churn out sore loser talk in that very same way had we voted remain
    Ah, but the Graun is merely reporting on the actions of the CPS, not shouting "*******s, how dare you" and printing pictures of Farage and Murdoch, saying "string them up, traitors!".

Plus, it's also in the Indy, Times, Huff Post, Scotsman, Sky News, Telegraph, etc. So not sure what your point is. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citibankrec)
    :yawn: Change the record dude
    I just did. The CPS looking into criminally fraudulent electioneering is an entirely new story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Ah, but the Graun is merely reporting on the actions of the CPS, not shouting "*******s, how dare you" and printing pictures of Farage and Murdoch, saying "string them up, traitors!".

Plus, it's also in the Indy, Times, Huff Post, Scotsman, Sky News, Telegraph, etc. So not sure what your point is. :confused:
    im waiting for the 10th to see if its in the Private eye or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Would much rather read the Guardian than the garbage in the Sun, Daily fail or express or indeed watch channel 5.
    The working class don't realise that the gutter press is their own worst enemy from xenophobic lies to lies about welfare etc. Its no thanks to the gutter press and C5 with their obsession on benefits that the poor and disabled etc are being punished and having their money removed. They probably pay people on welfare to say they are mega rich and own a Porsche, go on luxury cruise holidays and never want to work. Likewise they probably find a performing Olympic quality gymnast and pay them to say they are on disabled benefit due to a broken back with zero mobility. The guliable then believe this BS and ask their Tory MP to abolish all benefits.

Of course the attraction to buying a Tory tabloid comic is a free low budget DVD or a £12.50 holiday in a sewage farm....I mean who could turn that down?

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah it was misleading. The amount of "We can give £350 million a week to the NHS" crap I saw on facebook that could easily be disproved by just plain thinking (why would conservative government be obliged to do that? Farage does not have the authority to say where money will go) nearly gave me a bloody aneurysm.

I would've liked things a lot better if the referendum was less "Oh christ I forgot I promised that referendum, I'd better panic and divide the entire country then resign" and more "Okay lads here's what the EU gives us, here's a few plans for what my govt might do if we leave, whaddya reckon?". Government really handled it pretty badly, made it very easy for the leave side to throw around blatant stupidity seeing as they didn't draft any plans for what they might do in the event of leaving prior to the vote.

ReputationRep:
    "Some other cases had been excluded, including George Osborne’s so-called “punishment budget". Quelle surprise :pierre:

If there is to be criminal punishment for wilful spreading of mistruths then it should fall on both sides

Irrespective of the above, to the butthurt Bremoaners out there: the people have spoken, soz!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.