Going to court over a parking fine Watch

Lucyrosie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So in march I was sent a penalty charge notice obviously I was going to appeal it within the first 14 days because then I would either not have to pay the fine or only have to pay 50 per cent of the price. The problem was the online system would not let be enter my details as it kept saying unrecognized reference number. So I emailed the council, I also sent a screen capture of the web page whivh also had the date, they replied saying they had received my email, but a few weeks later I got sent a notice to owner wtf. I then emailed the idiots again and they told me to all they could do is allow me to pay 200 pounds even though had the system worked the max I would have paid is 65 pounds. obviously I refused then they said okay theres nothing we can do.

A few months later i receive a letter saying that I have to fill a te9 form or the bailifs come to my house the dumb ****s at the council told me this was the only way to rest the whole thing. So i filled in the form sent it then after the deadline i get an email saying that its the wrong what?! Even though on the letter it clearly says that is that form I should send, now im out of time to appeal the whole decision and i dont know what to do. Really just wanna go and beat the **** out of the coucil coz al they wanna do is ****in steal from clearly anyone know what I should so?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lucyrosie)
So in march I was sent a penalty charge notice obviously I was going to appeal it within the first 14 days because then I would either not have to pay the fine or only have to pay 50 per cent of the price. The problem was the online system would not let be enter my details as it kept saying unrecognized reference number. So I emailed the council, I also sent a screen capture of the web page whivh also had the date, they replied saying they had received my email, but a few weeks later I got sent a notice to owner wtf. I then emailed the idiots again and they told me to all they could do is allow me to pay 200 pounds even though had the system worked the max I would have paid is 65 pounds. obviously I refused then they said okay theres nothing we can do.

A few months later i receive a letter saying that I have to fill a te9 form or the bailifs come to my house the dumb ****s at the council told me this was the only way to rest the whole thing. So i filled in the form sent it then after the deadline i get an email saying that its the wrong what?! Even though on the letter it clearly says that is that form I should send, now im out of time to appeal the whole decision and i dont know what to do. Really just wanna go and beat the **** out of the coucil coz al they wanna do is ****in steal from clearly anyone know what I should so?
They cannot send bailiffs around until the matter has been to court. Has it?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lucyrosie)

Ok, let's calm down a bit and lose the potty mouth.

I'm slightly mystified why if the online payment system wasn't working and you'd 'sent an email' but only received an acknowledgement of it but no confirmation that the matter had be settled you just left it at that and didn't ring the council and demand to speak to someone to sort the matter out before the 14 days had elapsed. But we are where we are.

The Bailiff threat-o-gram is just a ruse to get you to pay up. The company could only instruct bailiffs once judgement had been entered and you'd not complied with the direction of the court regarding payment - even then the claimant would have to go back to the court to initiate enforcement of their judgement. So don't worry about that.

What you need to do is contact the company claiming the money pronto and arrange a settlement with them BEFORE it goes to court - it will only increase your debt if it goes to court (this is presuming that you don't have any defence to the fine).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (98)
18.96%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (329)
63.64%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.64%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise