Passed online assessment/role play/interview but been put on hold, AMA

Watch
Arianax
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Quite happy, I managed to pass everything and now been put on hold for shifts to match my availability
Roving Fish
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ishax)
Quite happy, I managed to pass everything and now been put on hold for shifts to match my availability
That's great news, well done! Don't forget to keep in contact with them to let them know if your availability/circumstance changes etc.

Who's this with?
Arianax
Rep:
?
(Original post by Roving Fish)
That's great news, well done! Don't forget to keep in contact with them to let them know if your availability/circumstance changes etc.

Who's this with?
I will ring them every two days or so to keep them updated. Quite pleased with myself lol!

Marks and Spencer 😊
Roving Fish
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ishax)
I will ring them every two days or so to keep them updated. Quite pleased with myself lol!

Marks and Spencer 😊
Glad that the interview went well, M&S are really good company to work for!

To be 'on hold' within a retail environment doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get a job within the next month or so. You'll have been in the Christmas recruitment pool this time, but it's likely that they've filled the positions. The next intake is usually in late spring or early summer.

It's amazing that you've passed the interview process, and it'll be great experience, but it may not be to your advantage that you call them daily. Rather wait until they contact you with a contract that matches you.

Also it may be wise to look for another job in the meantime, as like I say it might not come through for a while yet!
Arianax
Rep:
?
Glad that the interview went well, M&S are really good company to work for!

To be 'on hold' within a retail environment doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get a job within the next month or so. You'll have been in the Christmas recruitment pool this time, but it's likely that they've filled the positions. The next intake is usually in late spring or early summer.

It's amazing that you've passed the interview process, and it'll be great experience, but it may not be to your advantage that you call them daily. Rather wait until they contact you with a contract that matches you.

Also it may be wise to look for another job in the meantime, as like I say it might not come through for a while yet!
Thanks for your comments if you need any help just PM me! Main thing is to be confident.

I'm not too bothered if I get weekly shifts or it, as I currently work for Next anyway but at least I can put this on my CV and talk about in other interviews

I have a 10.25 hour permanent contract with Next, but they usually make me do 14-16.

I just wanted another company I can add to my CV/LinkedIn, we'll see what happens!
Roving Fish
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ishax)
Thanks for your comments if you need any help just PM me! Main thing is to be confident.

I'm not too bothered if I get weekly shifts or it, as I currently work for Next anyway but at least I can put this on my CV and talk about in other interviews

I have a 10.25 hour permanent contract with Next, but they usually make me do 14-16.

I just wanted another company I can add to my CV/LinkedIn, we'll see what happens!
Thanks for the offer of help - I actually a graduate and work in the IT infrastructure industry, so not currently looking for a job. I worked for M&S back in 2011.

Are you thinking that you'll put M&S on your CV? I wouldn't advise this as it indicates that you've been employed by M&S - when in fact you haven't as you're still in their recruitment process until you've signed a contract of employment.

Arianax
Rep:
?
Thanks for the offer of help - I actually a graduate and work in the IT infrastructure industry, so not currently looking for a job. I worked for M&S back in 2011.

Are you thinking that you'll put M&S on your CV? I wouldn't advise this as it indicates that you've been employed by M&S - when in fact you haven't as you're still in their recruitment process until you've signed a contract of employment.

Oh right. I have another interview next week so let's see how that goes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (28)
19.18%
I'm not sure (3)
2.05%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (50)
34.25%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.05%
I'm not a current university student (62)
42.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed