Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I received an email today saying that I have an interview next week with AUB for their film production course. I have a few questions as I'm really nervous. What questions do they usually ask you during the interview and how long is the interview?

I know what to include in my portfolio as the website gives information about that but I'm just not sure what to expect or what they'll ask.

Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I know when you asked the question was in 2016 , but I assume you went to the interview.I was wondering if you could tell how the interview went, what kind of questions and what I should expect is possible?got my interview in 2 days and I’m reallllyy nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizz_silva)
    Hey I know when you asked the question was in 2016 , but I assume you went to the interview.I was wondering if you could tell how the interview went, what kind of questions and what I should expect is possible?got my interview in 2 days and I’m reallllyy nervous
    Well I guess this is the same situation again! I have my interview the end of this month so... How did yours go? What did the interview day consist of? What did they ask?

ReputationRep:
    The interview went ok I guess , I just received a conditional offer from them 2 days ago.

These are just a few questions they asked me :
    “where do you see yourself in the next 5 Years?
    “Do think everyone needs a degree ?
    “What would you do if you didn’t get a place at university.
    “Have you had any work experience in this area?
    They also asked me a few questions about the open day, to see if I remembered anything and the rest was all about my work.

Questions may vary from interviewer.
    Just think about it as if you were a chat with the interviewer.
    Good luck with your interview
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Lizz_silva)
    The interview went ok I guess , I just received a conditional offer from them 2 days ago.

These are just a few questions they asked me :
    “where do you see yourself in the next 5 Years?
    “Do think everyone needs a degree ?
    “What would you do if you didn’t get a place at university.
    “Have you had any work experience in this area?
    They also asked me a few questions about the open day, to see if I remembered anything and the rest was all about my work.

Questions may vary from interviewer.
    Just think about it as if you were a chat with the interviewer.
    Good luck with your interview
    These are some really tips Lizz! And congratulations being offered your conditional place here!

-Dom B
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ky11e)
    Well I guess this is the same situation again! I have my interview the end of this month so... How did yours go? What did the interview day consist of? What did they ask?
    Hey

I think Lizz has covered some really great points for your interview.

Here's my thoughts on how to ace it too!

-Prepare! Have an idea for the course but also you. Sell yourself but remain humble. They're interested in you (you've got this far!) and now they just want to get an idea of what you're about. So come prepared with an idea of what you want to get across.

-Bring someone with you if it will help you keep calm. Remember, think of it as an informal chat rather than a structured interview and you'll enjoy the process a lot more.

-If you've got relevant experience (with either studies or part-time jobs) then a great framework to use is S.T.A.R!

S= Situation (Set the scene for the story you're about to tell them e.g. a part time job during sixth form)
    T= Task (tell them about the task you undertook)
    A= Action (tell them specifically what you did)
    R= Reflection (If it was good, tell them! If it was bad, let them know how this helped you to evaluate for next time etc)

With S.T.A.R. be sure to keep it individual e.g. try where possible to avoid mentioning group projects, as they're only interested in you!

-Be punctual to your interview! Leave with plenty of time for you to get there, get a drink or use the toilet etc.

Hopefully this should help you!

If you've any more questions then let me know!

-Dom B

ReputationRep:
    I think ill just bump this thread again with my experience just incase anyone’s reading this in the future.

My interview was really bad. I showed my portfolio (a music video, photography and an editing essay) and he watched it in front of me and wasn’t impressed at all. A couple follow up questions were asked like “what would you have done differently” and “have you read up about the course.” He then said a fair bit about the 4 year course and what I thought, I said that my preference would be straight to the 3 year as I really want to get started with the course and my career, and that was it.

It’s a shame, as I think I’d have done 100x better if I was asked the questions that you were asked. That way I’d be able to express myself a lot more because I’ve done a lot of things outside my college that I wasn’t asked about or given the opportunity to. I’d have really liked to of got in as it was my first choice, but I heavily doubt it with how unimpressed he was with me which sucks. Hope any other applicant that applies does better than me !

edit: got a response today, I guess it went better than what I thought as I got in! the four year course granted, but still better than nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ky11e)
    I think ill just bump this thread again with my experience just incase anyone’s reading this in the future.

My interview was really bad. I showed my portfolio (a music video, photography and an editing essay) and he watched it in front of me and wasn’t impressed at all. A couple follow up questions were asked like “what would you have done differently” and “have you read up about the course.” He then said a fair bit about the 4 year course and what I thought, I said that my preference would be straight to the 3 year as I really want to get started with the course and my career, and that was it.

It’s a shame, as I think I’d have done 100x better if I was asked the questions that you were asked. That way I’d be able to express myself a lot more because I’ve done a lot of things outside my college that I wasn’t asked about or given the opportunity to. I’d have really liked to of got in as it was my first choice, but I heavily doubt it with how unimpressed he was with me which sucks. Hope any other applicant that applies does better than me !

edit: got a response today, I guess it went better than what I thought as I got in! the four year course granted, but still better than nothing.
    Who was your interviewer? I had a really nice guy and a student?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Arts University Bournemouth
    General Open Day (BA and Foundation Diploma) Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. Arts University Bournemouth
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  3. Arts University Bournemouth
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.