TSR is changing over from HTTP to HTTPS Watch

She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

Tomorrow morning TSR is changing over from HTTP to HTTPS. We’re changing over as this will ensure the site is more secure and may even help to speed us up a bit, The change is taking place between 8-10am tomorrow and in this time you could experience a bit of down time and/or some missing content on the site.

So please feel free to have a lie in and chill with a cup of tea before you log on tomorrow morning!

:couchpotato:
Al-farhan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by She-Ra)
down time
TSR down for two hours :eek:
How will I survive
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A lie in...?! A lie in....!!!!

Are you crazy!!! All I'm gonna be doing tomorrow morning between 8-10 is worrying about this!!! I don't even think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight as I'll be just so ****ing worried!!

Waaaaaaay more warning is needed to do something as drastic as this!!!!!!!!! Waaaaaay more!!!!
bulgylau
Report 2 years ago
:lol: this is quite exciting actually
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

That Bearded Man
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
But who will read our worthless opinions nowwwwwww?????
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good. The NSA will stop reading our PMs now.
Tootles
Report 2 years ago

Tomorrow morning TSR is changing over from HTTP to HTTPS. We’re changing over as this will ensure the site is more secure and may even help to speed us up a bit, The change is taking place between 8-10am tomorrow and in this time you could experience a bit of down time and/or some missing content on the site.

So please feel free to have a lie in and chill with a cup of tea before you log on tomorrow morning!

Bout ****ing time.
cranbrook_aspie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why is this TSR's priority rather than ensuring that notifications stay permanently working, changing the way the CT works so that things get done more quickly, and combatting trolls?
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
protection is important
SuperHuman98
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Adding an S at the end makes everything in life more secure
Fractite
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'll be in school anyway.
Quamquam123
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Will there be a noticeable difference after the change is made?
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
Why is this TSR's priority rather than ensuring that notifications stay permanently working, changing the way the CT works so that things get done more quickly, and combatting trolls?
HTTPS will bring speed improvements for a majority of our users, which is a big win for everybody. It also enhances user security, and makes TSR more future-proof -- you will see a lot more websites moving to HTTPS in the future, the trend is very much underway. Those are the main reasons why it's an important priority for us to get this live.
z33
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
whoopwhoop!! im planning to wake up at like late tomorrow anyway so perfect timing xP
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We should move to the Dark Web.
Juichiro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

(Original post by Dez)
HTTPS will bring speed improvements for a majority of our users, which is a big win for everybody. It also enhances user security, and makes TSR more future-proof -- you will see a lot more websites moving to HTTPS in the future, the trend is very much underway. Those are the main reasons why it's an important priority for us to get this live.
TSR Hackers better get hacking before it's too late.
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ooh yay! Sounds like a good plan
Treblebee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lol sounds good, I don't usually use websites unless they ae https anyway (with the obvious exception of TSR).
Spoiler:
Show

The question is, how do you do that? I've always wondered
tasha_tah
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What's the difference even? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.91%
Worried (302)
18.18%
Terrified (374)
22.52%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%
Putting on a brave face (228)
13.73%
Impatient (210)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise