UK national living in France - study in Ireland? Watch

julesb007
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am a UK citizen and live in France. I want to study at Cork Uni next year. How can I get a maintenance loan? Can I access the UK loan if I want to study In Ireland? If not where can I get help?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by julesb007)
I am a UK citizen and live in France. I want to study at Cork Uni next year. How can I get a maintenance loan? Can I access the UK loan if I want to study In Ireland? If not where can I get help?
Only UK residents (or UK residents living within the EEC) are eligible for student loans for living costs - and only then for study within the UK (or at a UK university based abroad in some rare cases).

If you want financial help for studying in Cork then you need to see what support you might get from the French government or from the university concerned or look into charitable or private finance.
julesb007
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Only UK residents (or UK residents living within the EEC) are eligible for student loans for living costs - and only then for study within the UK (or at a UK university based abroad in some rare cases).

If you want financial help for studying in Cork then you need to see what support you might get from the French government or from the university concerned or look into charitable or private finance.
Thanks PQ - I thought that might be the case - I now need to see what we can do from the french side.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (38)
14.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (37)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
20.85%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (98)
37.84%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (14)
5.41%
No particular grades needed (18)
6.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise