Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there any frequent users of the online book community, Wattpad? And what are your thoughts? Stand up to real literature?

ReputationRep:
    Though I'm not as frequent... but I personally think it's a great platform for innovation and creativity through different social groups ... and by experimenting with variety of genres...
    There are also some starter competitions to enable the users to get into that mood of writing

On the contrary, some books can influence you negatively...(namely reading smut)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluv2edgedsword)
    Though I'm not as frequent... but I personally think it's a great platform for innovation and creativity through different social groups ... and by experimenting with variety of genres...
    There are also some starter competitions to enable the users to get into that mood of writing

On the contrary, some books can influence you negatively...(namely reading smut)
    That's exactly how I feel. Problem is finding a good book sometimes too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissVampire)
    That's exactly how I feel. Problem is finding a good book sometimes too!
    I AGREE OH MY GOD 😂😂😂😂😂Most of the time I'd try and start a book, but after the first chapter or so I'd just lose interest in it. Now idk, it could just be me being really picky, but... Meh. That's one of the reasons why I'm not on wattpad that frequently. And also because most of the stuff is smut, like hardcore smut, fifty shades of grey type of thing at times . I'm sorry but that stuff ain't my cup of tea ☕ 🙃🙃🙃🙃

ReputationRep:
    Omg I remember I was like 13 when I first used wattpad to read fanfics lol it was so cringe.

I sometimes still go on it but not for fanfics

ReputationRep:
    Ikr? I used to be influenced before but thank God not now!
    I suppose we do could find good ones... like the ones with most number of views? And votes?
    But that sounds prejudiced isn't it? :/ Its real hard to find good books in new reads though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love it love it love. Literally read about 50 books over Summer .
    I'm a lover of the urban books

Edit: I do agree though that it's hard to Find good ones without them being so x rated !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzy_wazzy)
    I AGREE OH MY GOD 😂😂😂😂😂Most of the time I'd try and start a book, but after the first chapter or so I'd just lose interest in it. Now idk, it could just be me being really picky, but... Meh. That's one of the reasons why I'm not on wattpad that frequently. And also because most of the stuff is smut, like hardcore smut, fifty shades of grey type of thing at times . I'm sorry but that stuff ain't my cup of tea ☕ 🙃🙃🙃🙃
    True to that! And I find that it's rare to find a good book and if you do, they tend to have less recongition compared to those who have many followers, many reads and whatnot. Most are very well cliche! Name one book that's original. Well...I can name a few. But there are only several. I like how Wattpad enables you to freely publish around the world, I'd just like more support for those writers who deserve the recognition. And yes, have I seen so many FSOG....but then I'm guilty of reading a few! Ooops!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Omg I remember I was like 13 when I first used wattpad to read fanfics lol it was so cringe.

I sometimes still go on it but not for fanfics
    Not really a fan of fanfics....ever since I attempted to read TheWeeknd one. Nah, nah, nah never again!!!!! Scarred for life!

ReputationRep:
    True to that! And I find that it's rare to find a good book and if you do, they tend to have less recongition compared to those who have many followers, many reads and whatnot. Most are very well cliche! Name one book that's original. Well...I can name a few. But there are only several. I like how Wattpad enables you to freely publish around the world, I'd just like more support for those writers who deserve the recognition. And yes, have I seen so many FSOG....but then I'm guilty of reading a few! Ooops!
    SO TRUE 😂😂😂 Most of the popular stuff tends to be the usual "bad boy falls in love with random girl" type of thing. I played along with it at first, but when you see the same concept coming up again and again and again, you'd grow tired of it. And I also hate it when in the rare occasion that I do find genuine interest in a book, something happens that just ruins it all. LIKE WHYY IT WAS GOING ALL GOOD WHYYY😂😂😂😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    SO TRUE 😂😂😂 Most of the popular stuff tends to be the usual "bad boy falls in love with random girl" type of thing. I played along with it at first, but when you see the same concept coming up again and again and again, you'd grow tired of it. And I also hate it when in the rare occasion that I do find genuine interest in a book, something happens that just ruins it all. LIKE WHYY IT WAS GOING ALL GOOD WHYYY😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yassssss, exactly!!!

But I'll still love wattpad anyway. flaws and all

ReputationRep:
    Good site, I first used it 3 years ago when you could easily filter the stories you wanted to find, but now it's harder to find certain genres and all the "popular books" are just full of cliches.

ReputationRep:
    Yassssss, exactly!!!

But I'll still love wattpad anyway. flaws and all
    As long as it helps me procrastinate, wattpad all the way 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    As long as it helps me procrastinate, wattpad all the way 😂😂😂
    Good alliteration

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here...not my cup of tea either! 😬😧

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.