Sharing house - clothes on radiators??? Watch

y0_3mma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Please someone tell me I am not exaggerating with this.

First off, I live in a sharing house, most of the people are working and are adults, and we don't know each other very well. What drives me nuts is that people put their fking clothes and underwear to dry on all radiators and stair banister in the sharing areas! I just can't take it! It looks like a fking refugee house.

I wrote a note on the front door asking everyone kindly to keep their clothes in their room. And in the end saying that stuff left in the common areas will be thrown away, because it's unacceptable and I am not obliged to see their underwear and stuff.

Only one person bothered to take their stuff away. What's even more, even after this notice, the woman next door completely ignored it and went to work as nothing happened. She left her clothes right where they were lying.

One other smart fellow took the notice paper away, and hang his clothes on the hall way.

Wtf am I supposed to do? I also called the agent and told him about this issue and he said he would call everyone.

For now, I took all the clothes, put them in a plastic bag and left them at the main door.

Please help.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you need to chill out. Talk about first world problems. Snotty notes to housemates never go down well. If it bothers you that much, perhaps it is time to move on?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Warn them they risk causing damp by doing that and that costs money.
Lucas_Wojtysiak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Where else are they suppost to dry their clothes?
y0_3mma
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Lucas_Wojtysiak)
Where else are they suppost to dry their clothes?
Using a cheap airer or outside line.
Laomedeia
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by y0_3mma)
Using a cheap airer or outside line.
An outside line in the UK is about as much use as an aircon on Neptune. Cheap airers are even worse, I would rather gamble my life savins on a 3 legged rockin horse.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In the summer it's easy to dry outside in very little time, if you don't have a tumblr drier then drying clothes in the winter is just not easy - lighten up

also notes are never the way forward - talk to people
AmeliaLost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by doodle_333)
a tumblr drier
Is this a drier with an unusual gender preference?
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AmeliaLost)
Is this a drier with an unusual gender preference?
haha
Vanny17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's winter what do you think? (Rhetoric, don't answer lol). It is easier to dry clothes on the radiator during the winter anyways, and you are sharing with them. They have as much right as you to dry their clothes anywhere they see fit. Be lucky they don't mess up the bathroom or something. And lastly, I bet you have not even been to a "refugee" house to know how it looks like. :rolleyes:
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
Talk to the LL and read your tnancy agreement about what it says on common areas.
Alternatively get your own flat/ studio.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by y0_3mma)
Please someone tell me I am not exaggerating with this.

First off, I live in a sharing house, most of the people are working and are adults, and we don't know each other very well. What drives me nuts is that people put their fking clothes and underwear to dry on all radiators and stair banister in the sharing areas! I just can't take it! It looks like a fking refugee house.

I wrote a note on the front door asking everyone kindly to keep their clothes in their room. And in the end saying that stuff left in the common areas will be thrown away, because it's unacceptable and I am not obliged to see their underwear and stuff.

Only one person bothered to take their stuff away. What's even more, even after this notice, the woman next door completely ignored it and went to work as nothing happened. She left her clothes right where they were lying.

One other smart fellow took the notice paper away, and hang his clothes on the hall way.

Wtf am I supposed to do? I also called the agent and told him about this issue and he said he would call everyone.

For now, I took all the clothes, put them in a plastic bag and left them at the main door.

Please help.
Get an airer - they cost 15 quid from Sainsburys or the like. Tell them they can use it on a rotational basis. You really need to chill out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%