Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello all,

    I've just received an offer to study English Literature at the University of Sheffield, and when viewing the offer it states that 'Candidates must pass A-level science practicals, where these are graded separately'.
    I'm confused as I study English Lit, Sociology and Media Studies. I also passed Science at GCSE with a C grade, so what does this mean??
    The answer to this is probably stupidly simple but I'm a bit stressed


    From the wording I guess it just means that you need to pass these practicals if you happen to be doing them for A Level.

    Basically they are just covering all possibilities and making it clear that if you are doing science practicals that are graded separately you need to pass them. As you are not doing science practicals it's not relevant to you.

    I'm pretty sure that's what it means but it might be worth calling the uni admin people just to make sure.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.