Turn on thread page Beta

Where do I start with gym so confused? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I know so many threads exist but I would like some input please. I have lost 5kg in 6 months due to personal reasons and am now 50Kg Male and 18 years old. I have relly high tester-one levels and really small wrists. I have been to the gym before and done stuff like rowing,treading, benching, leg,press abdominal crunch and some other stuff but I do not know the names. I have only been 5 times. I am generally underweight but I know I can gain weight quickly but will not go fat. I eat a lot of takeaways and will most likely continue when living out at university. This is just me building up my profile for you. My aim is to get ripped bigger arms and wrists. I know many people have this aim but I have done a lot of research and think I can do it. I am not setting myself unrealistic targets and being in denial but I will go gym 6 days a week. I am just unsure how to start and how my diet should be. Do I have to get rid of the takeaways or can I just work harder and sort it out? Should I be getting loads of carbohydrates? I can eat 7 pieces of white bread easily as well as 3 fried eggs if I can be asked. What shall I start by doing in the gym considering my size? What videos do you suggest?

Finally is there anything I can do about my small wrists? I just want to look good like wear nice watches but the dial looks so big on me Would appreicate all the help. Hoping to go the gym tommorow.

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Starting Strength or Stronglifts are ideal beginner programs. Follow which ever one you fancy, make sure you have correct form and stick to it for at least 9 months.

Also, eat a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Starting Strength or Stronglifts are ideal beginner programs. Follow which ever one you fancy, make sure you have correct form and stick to it for at least 9 months.

Also, eat a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi

Thanks for the response do you go to the gym a lot? Do you think 6 days a week is fine planning on resting on Sunday or should I do 3 days rest and then 3 days so on. Can you give examples of strength / stronglifts? Also how many sets and rep last time I went I got told 8-10 reps 3 sets I was wondering what if I do more reps or more sets what the difference? Also when you say eat a lot what do you mean carbohydrates/protein or any specific diet? Also can anyone give an example of their visits to the gym.

ReputationRep:
    read the FAQ

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2016
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.