The Chronicles of Ailsa Watch

ailsaaaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The Chronicles of Ailsa

My name is Ailsa and I am have just started year 12, taking Maths, Chemistry and Biology. I am aiming for A*AA and I hope to go to university to study medicine.

My GCSE grades:
Spoiler:
Show

7 A*s in Maths, English language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, RE, French
2As in English literature and History
1B in Media

I see so many study blogs and channels on the internet where the maker seems to be the perfect student all the time. It can be see demotivating as for most of us this is unachievable! So I vow to not only document the good days, but the bad ones too. I'm a pretty chill person and I believe life is all about balance, and I will keep you all updated on my first year of A-levels with regular short posts about how my studies are going. Feel free to ask any questions! :hippie:
ailsaaaa
Rep:
?
Friday 11/11/16
I'm not going to lie, I was hoping my first update would be really positive, but it's the complete opposite! I have been so unproductive this week, the only thing I have managed to do is my class notes for Biology and I haven't even completely finished them! Oops!

Moving on, my plan now is to have a super productive weekend to catch up on everything then keep up with all my work next week. I am determined next week will be better!
ailsaaaa
Rep:
?
Sunday 13/11/16
Things are looking much more positive than they did in the last post. This weekend I have worked so hard and I have managed to complete my Biology and Chemistry notes and past papers in all three subjects! Time for a well deserved Sunday evening break me thinks
TK_23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I love your heading, it's perfect lol
ailsaaaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by TK_23)
I love your heading, it's perfect lol
Aww thank you! x
ailsaaaa
Rep:
?
Tuesday 22/11/16
We have a maths test next week so I spent my weekend doing endless maths papers! Since then, I have also done Chem questions and written up notes for Biology, so things are looking good. Tomorrow, I am going to get organised and get up to date on my notes :thumbsup:
ailsaaaa
Rep:
?
Friday 2/12/16
Phew! It's been such an intense week! Things have really stepped up, we have moved on to transport in Biology (diffusion, osmosis, active transport, etc) which is much more complicated than at GCSE. At the same time, we are learning about enthalpy and all the calculations like Hess's law :eek: We had that maths test on Wednesday and I am very proud to say I got an A! So happy! This weekend, the plan is to write up all my Chemistry notes and do a bit of prior reading just so my mind is not completely blown next week!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (95)
18.66%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (324)
63.65%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.72%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.97%

Watched Threads