Do you get a say in who you are roomed with? Watch

ChrisKennedy56
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
When you apply to uni do you get to choose what sort of people you get to share a flat with because for me a big worry is that the people I will be put with will be boring or just not into the things I am. I think it's fair to say that attractive people have attractive friends so on freshers when you go out with your first friends (roommates) I'd rather be put with people on my sort of attractiveness level. So do you get to fill in a form or something before you start requesting the sort of people you want to roomed with or is it completely random?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChrisKennedy56)
When you apply to uni do you get to choose what sort of people you get to share a flat with because for me a big worry is that the people I will be put with will be boring or just not into the things I am. I think it's fair to say that attractive people have attractive friends so on freshers when you go out with your first friends (roommates) I'd rather be put with people on my sort of attractiveness level. So do you get to fill in a form or something before you start requesting the sort of people you want to roomed with or is it completely random?
Yeah, luckily most universities send you a form before you start asking you to rate your attractiveness out of 10. They then place you with people who consider themselves to be as attractive as yourself so you have nothing to worry about
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
You do (at least I did) get a brief online form for your interests, what kind of person you are and any special requirements, so hopefully they can look through that and set you up with some flatmates as vain as yourself.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah, luckily most universities send you a form before you start asking you to rate your attractiveness out of 10. They then place you with people who consider themselves to be as attractive as yourself so you have nothing to worry about
no need to be a sarcastic **** to the guy, it's obvious when you look around that groups of friends are initially formed based on looks, then whether or nor you're interested in the same things etc. Anyway, as far as I'm aware the majority if uni's ask you to write something about yourself to match you with similar people. I've heard a lot of people talking about how they didn't get this though soo ;/
ChrisKennedy56
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
You do (at least I did) get a brief online form for your interests, what kind of person you are and any special requirements, so hopefully they can look through that and set you up with some flatmates as vain as yourself.
I'm not vain, I wouldn't really consider myself that attractive for that matter. It's just when you initially make friends it was usually because of what they looked like/dressed like at first then you start to discover what similar interests you have and go from there
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not really.

You can make certain requests. But it certainly won't be made on frivolous things like interests.
ChrisKennedy56
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
Not really.

You can make certain requests. But it certainly won't be made on frivolous things like interests.
requests like?
Kvothe the Arcane
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
requests like?
Gender, the block (some are known for having more freshers compared to returning/mature students for example).
Whether it's ensuite or non-ensuite.
You may be able to request to be placed with internationals.
You could ask to be placed on the ground floor or in an adapted room if you have a particular disability.

Nothing really that's relevant.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most unis will ask you to submit some 'personality' factors (e.g. smoker, clean, loud, sporty etc) to coordinate people but from what I have seen the groupings are pretty random for most people
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (112)
14.04%
Excited (78)
9.77%
Worried (152)
19.05%
Terrified (184)
23.06%
Meh (51)
6.39%
Confused (22)
2.76%