BRGS Sixth Form or Rochdale Sixth Form Watch

Obatobimacaroni
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have visited both and both are great in terms of helping the students to fully thrive. I want to know what advantages each has over the other. I know R
SFC has the scholars program, which they are working on being recognised by many universities, but they don't allow you to do as many things as you'd like. BRGS Sixth Form encourage you to choose four A levels and they allow you drop one after a one month taster to see if you can cope.
keeleyvic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Obatobimacaroni)
I have visited both and both are great in terms of helping the students to fully thrive. I want to know what advantages each has over the other. I know R
SFC has the scholars program, which they are working on being recognised by many universities, but they don't allow you to do as many things as you'd like. BRGS Sixth Form encourage you to choose four A levels and they allow you drop one after a one month taster to see if you can cope.
I went to Rochdale 2011-2013, literally the best two years of my life! I was gutted to be leaving. It may have changed since I went but..

Wednesday afternoons were always enrichment activities. You had to sign up to at least one...

They seem to be doing a lot more in terms of taking classes abroad or on trips now. Ive seen pictures of trips to Iceland. The only trip we went on was to the GMEX for a university taster day thing.

Classes are pretty small, teachers take an interest in you and get to know you.

I took Psychology and Double Health and Social Care at A level, Business Studies at AS. Everyone does CoPE too. For the first month, you can change any subject you want. You drop your worst performing subject for A Level although if you've done amazingly well in them all at AS level, you can talk about continuing them all at A level.

Lots of people transferred from Oldham/Bury to RSFC too.

I know these are all wishy washy points but if there's anything specific you want to know just ask
Obatobimacaroni
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by keeleyvic)
I went to Rochdale 2011-2013, literally the best two years of my life! I was gutted to be leaving. It may have changed since I went but..

Wednesday afternoons were always enrichment activities. You had to sign up to at least one...

They seem to be doing a lot more in terms of taking classes abroad or on trips now. Ive seen pictures of trips to Iceland. The only trip we went on was to the GMEX for a university taster day thing.

Classes are pretty small, teachers take an interest in you and get to know you.

I took Psychology and Double Health and Social Care at A level, Business Studies at AS. Everyone does CoPE too. For the first month, you can change any subject you want. You drop your worst performing subject for A Level although if you've done amazingly well in them all at AS level, you can talk about continuing them all at A level.

Lots of people transferred from Oldham/Bury to RSFC too.

I know these are all wishy washy points but if there's anything specific you want to know just ask
Thanks for this Didn't know someone had replied so i didnt see this until now, but it has been very helpful.
drox_dave
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey, which sixth form are you going to now?
I'm applying to backup grammar sixth form and this is the only post that is related to it.
Dancer2001
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I went to BRGS for school then moved for sixth form. I think either are good and you just need to decide where you will feel most comfortable.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
drox_dave
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
alright ok. Is it multicultural there and are the teaching methods visual or is it mostly lecturing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.65%
Excited (154)
9.1%
Worried (304)
17.97%
Terrified (376)
22.22%
Meh (162)
9.57%
Confused (37)
2.19%