Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A suit? Yes, for formals.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
In the wiki there's a list of things you might want to take.
Reply 3
what is appropriate to wear for the freshers bop and freshers ball (female :smile: )
Reply 4
What might work out well is if you take a cocktail dress for really posh do's e.g. balls, and then a few slightly less formal dresses for bops and college events, along with your usual going out gear.
Reply 5
pikaboo
What might work out well is if you take a cocktail dress for really posh do's e.g. balls, and then a few slightly less formal dresses for bops and college events, along with your usual going out gear.

Yay! How exciting :biggrin:
Reply 6
I know :biggrin:

Psst...Trevs events are especially good!
Reply 7
I'm bringing a suit, lots of jeans, warm jackets, t-shirts, boxers, socks and my four pairs of shoes - one is an elegant pair, one is for sports, converse and my vans! :wink:
Reply 8
apart from clothers what else? particularly for accomodation
andrewm
apart from clothers what else? particularly for accomodation

Did you not get a basic list from your college?
Reply 10
Hatfield sent a list - would you like to me type it out? I think it might be the same for all Colleges.
Reply 11
What are people gonna wear for the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory thing?! Apart from the obvious Uumpa Lumpa costumes :P (for the trevs event)
Reply 12
Mint, is that the Trevs theme?

Any of the characters from the book, or else some sort of sweet/chocolate bar.

What other Trevs Freshers events are there?
Reply 13
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Did you not get a basic list from your college?

I didn't get that :eek: if you dont typing it out, i wanna know what they say.
Reply 14
Tell me about the Trevs freshers events! Will there be lots of free chocolate involved then? :biggrin:
Reply 15
pikaboo
Tell me about the Trevs freshers events! Will there be lots of free chocolate involved then? :biggrin:

I hope so! I expect a chocolate fountain at the least. Free chocolate bars wouldn't go a miss either.
Reply 16
Coool. I look young enough to be mistaken for a fresher. I certainly will be excited enough :p: *steals free fresher goodies*
Reply 17
OI! Stick to the postgrad stuff you oldie! :wink: :p:
What to Bring

For your room:

Duvet Cover and Pillow Cases: Not least to be able to stake your own individuality on what will eventually be a unique room, these items are invaluable since most people forget them! Bring two, and have a one-on-one-off system.

Pillows: You will be supplied with one, so if you need more, bring your own. Be wary of feather pillows (or, indeed, duvets) in case your roommate turns out to be allergy prone…

Lamps: You won’t go far wrong with one for your bedside and one for your desk, because it does get dark up North, in the winter. Check out IKEA or similar for cheap-but-cheerful options.

Extension Leads: The Masters of Room Layout have deemed it sensible to put plug sockets in all manner of useless and unwieldy places. Oh, and you’ll only get two. Make sure to have a few strip sockets – not those nasty cube ones, since they have a tendency to go on fire and wake everyone in College up at three in the morning, and no-one will be impressed – to bulk up your energy consumption during your three terms.
For Your Body:

Warm Clothes: It may rain intermittently and unpredictably, but it will certainly be win

Tea: If you don’t love tea already, you will learn to; it is an excellent way to make friends during Freshers’ Week and beyond, if you’re willing to invite people back for a good old cuppa. Natural friend of …

Biscuits: Tea is nothing without a good selection, and the partnership will have people flocking to your parties to giggle and gossip. A ready supply makes the Bad Times go away.

Coffee: Your will get tired because you will undersleep, come essay deadlines or extended lash sessions. Under these circumstances, a ready supply of the instant Caffeinator will come in handy. Ask Liam Guest for guidelines during Freshers’ Week.

Cereal and Assorted Breakfast Stuffs: Not for no reason is breakfast the most underpopulated meal of the day. If you miss it, make sure you have a readily available substitute. A quick handful-or-two of Cheerios or similar does the trick on most occasions.

Latest

Trending

Trending