A level subjects Watch

helpimafish
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm struggling on what to pick as my three A level choices. I want to study Biology and Chemistry for certain but I'm unsure of my third option. I was considering Gov&Pol but was worried this wouldn't flow well with my other choices. Any ideas? Thanks
HopelessMedic
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by helpimafish)
I'm struggling on what to pick as my three A level choices. I want to study Biology and Chemistry for certain but I'm unsure of my third option. I was considering Gov&Pol but was worried this wouldn't flow well with my other choices. Any ideas? Thanks
Any ideas as to what degree/career you want to do?

Physics/Maths/Economics would fit well but taking an essay subject like History/English/Gov&Pol ect would give you a nice balance.
geek567
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by helpimafish)
i am also wanting to pick biology and chemistry for deffo then i realised i needed to pick another so i picked english lit purely because i love it. what subjects did/do you like in gcse. maybe you can go on from there. if you like a subject(meaning that your really passionate about it) then pick it. it doesn't really matter if it "flows" well. you's ratherpick an A level that you enjoy learing about because if you pick something that flows with the others and you realise you don't like it or finding it hard. you will regert it.
Metalfros
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol I am doing essay based subjects only (Eng, His, Geo and G&M). Politics is very interesting and not the hardest subject in the world. I would definitely recommend it.
lostintrnslation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do whatever you want. it's not about whether your subjects 'flow' well, it's about whether you can get the grades you need in them to go on to do whatever it is you do next.
Antonia Jane
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think you would be better doing 3 facilitating subjects. My son wants to do Biochemistry. He is doing Spanish, Biology, Chemistry and as a 4th Marine Science. Gov and Politics is not a main stream subject. I think you would be better doing English Lit - it is universally a well respected A level. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.83%
Excited (144)
8.84%
Worried (295)
18.11%
Terrified (367)
22.53%
Meh (149)
9.15%
Confused (35)
2.15%