Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, would you date a successful woman with much better job than you? watch

Btw I'm very feminine and definitely not a feminist or bossy. I actually let the men in my life take the lead. But One thing I've noticed is that my Boyfriends in my life have been very jealous and insecure of my success.

I'm 26 now. I have had a better paid job and more successful career than most of them and being much younger.

But I can’t get over the number of guys I’ve dated who as soon as I had some good news to share, met me with dismissal as they casually reminded me of their annual salary or made a comment downplaying how my success was pure luck, because it couldn’t possibly be through any skill of my own. It's like they resented my success.

ReputationRep:
    I personally would (I'm a girl btw) if she wasn't snobby about it.

ReputationRep:
    Of course

lol I'm not saying no to more money.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Sure.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yes but it wouldn't be for her money.... :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Is it not just the same as dating anybody else but with more financial security? I fail to see the issue

ReputationRep:
    No I would not date such a woman,

my own intelligence levels are probably average [based on my GCSE's], my grades were nothing remarkable at all. I do not consider myself successful career wise either [although I have been learning/training over the past few years to try and better myself] ... although I am in a better position asset wise though than most people my age down to pure luck..

still though, I would feel like a good looking intelligent woman with successful career etc would be looking down on me ...or feeling like she's settled.

I prefer girls who are like hairdressers or beauticians ...y'know ...nothing too fancy.

I can see why some of the men you were involved with has issues about your level of success. The man is programmed to feel like the provider. A woman that clearly outclasses him in that regard is not a quality most men look for.

I also believe more educated women are more picky when it comes to men. There was a time where I did not care how successful or not successful a woman was, I would hit on them if i found them attractive ... I noticed women with degree's or good jobs seemed less attracted to me than less educated women. Often they didn't even know my level of education ...they were just less interested from the getgo. If a woman has a degree and good job, she tends to be pickier over men than those that arn't.

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I personally would (I'm a girl btw) if she wasn't snobby about it.
    Are you lesbian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you lesbian?
    Bisexual

(Original post by ANM775)
    No I would not date such a woman,

my own intelligence levels are probably average [based on my GCSE's], my grades were nothing remarkable at all. I do not consider myself successful career wise either [although I have been learning/training over the past few years to try and better myself] ... although I am in a better position asset wise though than most people my age down to pure luck..

still though, I would feel like a good looking intelligent woman with successful career etc would be looking down on me ...or feeling like she's settled.

I prefer girls who are like hairdressers or beauticians ...y'know ...nothing too fancy.

I can see why some of the men you were involved with has issues about your level of success. The man is programmed to feel like the provider. A woman that clearly outclasses him in that regard is not a quality most men look for.

I also believe more educated women are more picky when it comes to men. There was a time where I did not care how successful or not successful a woman was, I would hit on them if i found them attractive ... I noticed women with degree's or good jobs seemed less attracted to me than less educated women. Often they didn't even know my level of education ...they were just less interested from the getgo. If a woman has a degree and good job, she tends to be pickier over men than those that arn't.
    How insecure are you?

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Bisexual
    Preference for women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Yes but it wouldn't be for her money.... :mmm:
    You- "Babeee can I have your card plz"
    Rich wife- "Why? Are you going to the spa again?"
    You- "Nah babe I just saw a bunch of puppies I want"

ReputationRep:
    Preference for women?
    I normally swing towards men but defo attracted to women.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Why wouldn't you lol

ReputationRep:
    oh please. there's only one kind of "job" I'm interested in a woman doing.

ReputationRep:
    How insecure are you?

nobody's perfect....

ReputationRep:
    It would probably be a positive, especially for me right now not because of the money though because it shows they are focused and driven.

How much are we talking, a lot? If yes marry me?

(Original post by joecphillips)
    It would probably be a positive, especially for me right now not because of the money though because it shows they are focused and driven.

How much are we talking, a lot? If yes marry me?
    Like amazing Amy driven and focused on gone girl?

(Original post by ANM775)
    nobody's perfect....
    At least you're honest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.