Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok so let's take this hypothetical situation
    You're taking a test that counts towards your degree and it is multiple choice and occurs in the lecture theatre meaning people are sitting very closely together.
    You're not exactly the most confident person with the module but the person sitting to your right is and you can trust that their answers are probably gonna be right for the most part. So if you happened to see their answers during the test would you consider copying what's they wrote or would you just stick with your answers ?

Also if it ended up that you and this other person got the same mark do you think people would get suspicious ?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    That would be suspicious. Especially if the answers you both got right were the same ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Ok so let's take this hypothetical situation
    You're taking a test that counts towards your degree and it is multiple choice and occurs in the lecture theatre meaning people are sitting very closely together.
    You're not exactly the most confident person with the module but the person sitting to your right is and you can trust that their answers are probably gonna be right for the most part. So if you happened to see their answers during the test would you consider copying what's they wrote or would you just stick with your answers ?

Also if it ended up that you and this other person got the same mark do you think people would get suspicious ?
    If you've ever done oxbridge admissions assessments, it happens quite a lot on the TSA lol.

If you're still partially confident in a module, couldn't you just go through the process of eliminating definite false answers? Then, if one of his answers are one of your possible answers, there's an even higher probability of it being right than it normally is.

I would also take additional steps to rush to the front to hand in your paper first so that a fair amount of times passes between marking, decreasing the odds of the lecturer noticing any copying patterns.

I've always found cheating to be quite an art.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    If you've ever done oxbridge admissions assessments, it happens quite a lot on the TSA lol.

If you're still partially confident in a module, couldn't you just go through the process of eliminating definite false answers? Then, if one of his answers are one of your possible answers, there's an even higher probability of it being right than it normally is.

I would also take additional steps to rush to the front to hand in your paper first so that a fair amount of times passes between marking, decreasing the odds of the lecturer noticing any copying patterns.

I've always found cheating to be quite an art.
    In this particular hypothetical situation the papers are marked via a computer so I doubt there would be any way of comparing papers to see which answers were given for each question as the machine would surely just print out an overall number ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    That would be suspicious. Especially if the answers you both got right were the same ones.
    Yeh in this hypothetical situation all the answers were the same for both students but also others nearby obtained very similar answers so chances are the scores will be rather similar between all of the approx 6 people which shouldn't make it look that suspicious between the 2 individuals

ReputationRep:
    they change the order of the answers for adjacent-numbered tests at our uni, makes it impossible without being able to compare their answer to the one it corresponds to in their question paper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    they change the order of the answers for adjacent-numbered tests at our uni, makes it impossible without being able to compare their answer to the one it corresponds to in their question paper...
    Oh yeh that makes sense this Uni in this hypothetical situation gives everyone the same ordering in questions so if the person next to you puts A for question 1 then that A is gonna correspond to the same answer as everyone else's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    In this particular hypothetical situation the papers are marked via a computer so I doubt there would be any way of comparing papers to see which answers were given for each question as the machine would surely just print out an overall number ?
    Wouldn't the papers be marked in the order they're scanned, hence making it somewhat valuable to get your script as far away as possible from your "victim", lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Wouldn't the papers be marked in the order they're scanned, hence making it somewhat valuable to get your script as far away as possible from your "victim", lol.
    yh i guess so but i mean even if two people's answers are identical its only 10 questions so the chances of you getting the same answers as another person is kinda high like its not like its out of 100 and you put identical answers then it would seem fishy

ReputationRep:
    Copy but get a few wrong on purpose so the teacher doesn't suspect anything

ReputationRep:
    You're over thinking

no one cares

ReputationRep:
    your sister
    err..I mean...your...son?
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    your sister
    err..I mean...your...son?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Your wife*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faheemcg9)
    Your wife*
    I thought you'd be single.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faheemcg9)
    Copy but get a few wrong on purpose so the teacher doesn't suspect anything
    yh but in this hypothetical situation the person who copied tried to get an answer wrong but the other person happened to put the same answer for that question too

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.