Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I write out notes/mind maps from revision guides as well as my school folder, i thien memorise by heart the information, is this an effective way of revision for biology and chemistry A-level?

ReputationRep:
    Hi - Sounds like you doing the right things - I just have a couple of suggestions.

I would put key facts / definitions / equations / reactions that you have to just learn with little understanding on flash cards so you can review on a regular basis.

Also - you can't quantify if your revision is good enough without testing yourself - past paper are a science students best friend - use them!

You can also do questions from the book and ask your teach to look over them if you don't have access to the answers (no point doing questions if you can't get them marked) - most good teachers will be impressed that you are being proactive and should give you some time.

If you don't treat revision like revision - what I mean is that it is something that should be happening in the background all the time - then you should be in a good position by the time exams come around.

Hope that helps - if you need any other help just let me know

Jade

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, just wondering that the notes that I have already made for chemistry and biology, should I use this up until my exams instead of writing notes up again and again for each end of topic assessment as i have condensed all the info from various sources into my own format? But then again, writing up notes is very time consuming, so I dont think this would be a good idea to rewrite them every time. Also, the memorising I find very time consuming, do you think that it is possible to memorise all the information from 2 years ago for chemistry and biology or do you think that I should begin to understand it?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.