The Student Room Group
Reply 1
no its alright ive already completed my wizarding education
Possibly something to do with why the books have been so successful? Maybe about the difficulties they have faced when trying to translate the books into different languages? The novel's portrayal of gender roles aligned with gender politics during the books' respective releases?
Reply 3
Original post by Jasaron
Possibly something to do with why the books have been so successful? Maybe about the difficulties they have faced when trying to translate the books into different languages? The novel's portrayal of gender roles aligned with gender politics during the books' respective releases?

the idea of gender roles is good and i like the successfulness is good too but i dont think i would be able to write as much on that.
I'm doing my EPQ on etymology (the origin of words) in Harry Potter as a lot of words and names from harry potter are taken from latin or greek, or british folklore, and I thought it'd be a really interesting thing to look at! So, perhaps along those lines? Probably a little late now, lmao, but still. Might help someone else?
How Harry Potter could help with PSE education? That would link up to what you want to do as a job in the future too
Original post by anjali_25
no its alright ive already completed my wizarding education

What N.E.W.T's did you take?
Reply 7
Original post by anjali_25
I am a MAJOR harry potter fan and i want to incorporate it into my epq, i want to be a primary school teacher so any links?

Maybe something about media and culture (so how the books/ films affected culture). If you're wanting to go into primary work then you can focus on the influence it had on they age range.

Honestly I think it could be difficult to pull off cos it's so niche, but make a plan and have a look for some resources and see if it's doable. You could also just include Harry Potter in a wider topic.
hi, I don't know if you'll see this anymore, but I am actually in the middle of my epq on harry potter and the theme of love, and wondered if you had any tips for writing or researching the epq? if anyone else has completed a harry potter epq any guidance or help would be great :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by iisabelqquinn
hi, I don't know if you'll see this anymore, but I am actually in the middle of my epq on harry potter and the theme of love, and wondered if you had any tips for writing or researching the epq? if anyone else has completed a harry potter epq any guidance or help would be great :smile:

i think i'm a bit late in asking, but did you end up continuing this topic for the epq? can i ask about it?
Hi, yes I did actually continue this topic, and my final question was how does parental, romantic and obsessive love impact the storyline of Harry Potter

Latest