Psychology essay help Watch

Enya1998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ive wrote 4 essays so far and i always get 8-9 marks which is a B. Im trying to achieve the top marks. I know what to write on the outline bit. For example, lets say the question says "outline and evaluate the behavioural approach to explaining phobias". Firstly I would say that the behavioural approach assumes that phobias are acquired via the two-process model and explain that and then I would include a piece of research that shows phobia can be acquired through CC or SL or sometjing like that.

Now the evaluation bit is tricky for me, i think know i to write an advantage and then explain it or a disadvantage and explain it and so on. Am i right? Could someone also please show me an example of a very good (Grade A) evaluation point in respect to the question above?
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is no one way of doing things to get you a good grade and markers are subjective. You're probably right in thinking that the evaluation bit is letting you down. Have you had any feedback on your previous work? Advantages and disadvantages are good and comparing and contrasting. Maybe think about which instances different approaches are used and why.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (124)
17.92%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.4%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (67)
9.68%
How can I be the best version of myself? (209)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed