Turn on thread page Beta

Why is he suddenly acting distant? watch

ReputationRep:
    So theres this guy i met at uni who I thought was starting to like me (even just as a friend if not anything more). He would also grin at me whenever he saw me and look genuinely happy to see me, always stop and start a conversation whenever we crossed paths around halls and show genuine interest in what I was doing and where I was going, make eye contact with me even when we were in a group of people talking he would make eye contact with mostly me etc. He also invited me on night out a group him and some other people in our halls were going on and we exchanged phone numbers (as I don't have Facebook or anything).

Stuff like this went on for about three weeks until our courses finally started. I saw him the morning as we were both leaving to go to our respective campuses, we chatted a bit and then he left with a "see you later". I didn't see him or have any contact with him for about a week after that and when I did finally see him he was acting a bit differently. He didn't smile at me, initiate any conversation he only said hi casually when i said hi to the group of people he was with. Whenever we walk past each other that is literally all we do he doesn't stop and talk to me at all he just says hey and then walk by. He's also gone on nights out with the group of people we were with last time and not invited me. I don't know if I'm just reading too much into this or if I've done something wrong. See i do struggle a little bit with social anxiety and I was going to text him the evening of the day our courses started to ask him how it went but anxiety got the better of me and I just thought i'd be annoying him. There were also chances for me to see him that week at socials but again anxiety got the better of me and I thought I would just annoy him or seem desperate/sad by always going to them.

So why do you think he suddenly started acting like this? Am I just reading too much into things or did i do something wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tia19991996)
    So theres this guy i met at uni who I thought was starting to like me (even just as a friend if not anything more). He would also grin at me whenever he saw me and look genuinely happy to see me, always stop and start a conversation whenever we crossed paths around halls and show genuine interest in what I was doing and where I was going, make eye contact with me even when we were in a group of people talking he would make eye contact with mostly me etc. He also invited me on night out a group him and some other people in our halls were going on and we exchanged phone numbers (as I don't have Facebook or anything).

Stuff like this went on for about three weeks until our courses finally started. I saw him the morning as we were both leaving to go to our respective campuses, we chatted a bit and then he left with a "see you later". I didn't see him or have any contact with him for about a week after that and when I did finally see him he was acting a bit differently. He didn't smile at me, initiate any conversation he only said hi casually when i said hi to the group of people he was with. Whenever we walk past each other that is literally all we do he doesn't stop and talk to me at all he just says hey and then walk by. He's also gone on nights out with the group of people we were with last time and not invited me. I don't know if I'm just reading too much into this or if I've done something wrong. See i do struggle a little bit with social anxiety and I was going to text him the evening of the day our courses started to ask him how it went but anxiety got the better of me and I just thought i'd be annoying him. There were also chances for me to see him that week at socials but again anxiety got the better of me and I thought I would just annoy him or seem desperate/sad by always going to them.

So why do you think he suddenly started acting like this? Am I just reading too much into things or did i do something wrong?
    You may have made his relationship with you more than it was. Not like you guys were best of friends to begin with, you're in over your head.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.