Exchange to US from Glasgow Uni (Arts programmes) Watch

zitayiu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi! I plan to exchange to US(aim at UC) from the University of Glasgow. I am studying English Language & Linguistics and Digital Media & Information Studies. Anyone is studying/has studied the above courses in UC and what courses did you pick end up?

Thanks!!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you checked what modules are available to you as you may be limited (or not) based on what you've already covered. Does the uni have any guidance?
University of Glasgow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zitayiu)
Hi! I plan to exchange to US(aim at UC) from the University of Glasgow. I am studying English Language & Linguistics and Digital Media & Information Studies. Anyone is studying/has studied the above courses in UC and what courses did you pick end up?

Thanks!!
Hey there!

I studied abroad at a UC, although I do engineering. There are different ways of going about selecting courses, but they'll be department specific. If you haven't already, get in touch with the International Office/Study Abroad team, they're all incredibly helpful. There should be Student Ambassadors for your course (they're called SASA's) which you should be able to get in touch with. I'm currently a SASA, I may not be able to help with course selection, but let me know if you have questions about California/UC's!

Your main point of reference will be your subject coordinator. They have final say of what classes you're allowed to take. If you talk to them, they should give you guidelines, and they may have a list of courses past study abroad students have taken which can help massively.

Hope this helps!

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (221)
13.82%
Impatient (204)
12.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise