Turn on thread page Beta

EPQ topic help Physics/Maybe philosophy too watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm doing the EPQ with my school and was wondering if anyone could help me think some some ideas for the project. I was planning on doing an ethics based one but I'm soooort of deciding against it since the stuff I was looking at doing has been done quite a bit before more the professionals so I run a high risk of plagiarizing/generally repeating stuff said/discussed a lot before.

I would really like to do a physics one, specifically something to do with quantum physics or any theoretical physics field that was less to do with data analysis (but presenting some kind of data analysis/experimentation skills, I have heard, is good so I would be cool to do a bit of that stuff). I would also be interested in discussing the implications of the theory (or whatever topic) and how it applied to philosophy (which is why I've included it in the title).

ANY IDEAS HELP <3 Thanks for reading.

P.S. A philosophy based on WOULD be cool if it had a physics dimension where I could explain and use theories in physics as empirical evidence for/against a certain point of view. Or one where I could talk about the implications of some kind of physics theory. Thanks again.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You seem to have lots of different ideas but really need to narrow them down. Sit yourself down and write down all your ideas. Then have a brief look at what's been done in all your fields of interest and work out if you can add anything by doing your EPQ in those areas. This will help to narrow down and focus your ideas and come up with a topic to work on.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.