Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I work in McDonalds and this is my schedule for this week?
    Name:  a6cca3b1b3e4b1969cc55543e40ac01e.png
Views: 62
Size:  6.5 KB
    I am just wondering if you this is too much work for an A-Level student?
    Personally I don't think it's too bad. Maybe slightly less on a Saturday but what would I know

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on yourself and how much you can handle.... i was doing 16hrs a week but dropped to 12hrs (as the work load in yr13 is large.... in my eyes) 😃

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form constantly says that doing more than 8 hours a week is pretty bad for your A levels. They've also repeatedly stated that the highest achievers are those that don't do paid work (and then when your ucas application comes around they ask why you never do anything with your life when you were told last year you weren't supposed to but now I'm projecting)

So 8 hours is "highest acceptable" according to a seriously experienced sixth form that usually churns out high achievers on the reg. According to my calculations, you are doing 21. 2.625 times that limit set by my lot.

Do be careful, 007.

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit too much imo, but you could still manage it if you're really efficient with your time and use you're free's well. I do around 9-12 and it hasn't affected me at all

ReputationRep:
    I do 10-12 a week at even then my shifts are only on friday nights and saturday nights , i used to do shifts during the week as well but i found working during the week was really tough academically and i really didn't have much time for revision or homework, i would say try it for a bit but if your struggling definitely cut down because it's not worth it in the long run

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.