Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please state your subject, year of study, time you finish uni typically, what you consider as work. Also write down if you do anything outside uni i.e I (try) to go gym 3 times a week

I'm a first year maths student, typically I finish uni at 5pm, and I spend roughly 2 or 3 hours on a uni day rewriting notes and general study. Days I finish earlier I try to do 4. Weekends I also do 4 hours which includes rewriting lecture notes, doing HW etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotGodofWorld)
    Please state your subject, year of study, time you finish uni typically, what you consider as work. Also write down if you do anything outside uni i.e I (try) to go gym 3 times a week

I'm a first year maths student, typically I finish uni at 5pm, and I spend roughly 2 or 3 hours on a uni day rewriting notes and general study. Days I finish earlier I try to do 4. Weekends I also do 4 hours which includes rewriting lecture notes, doing HW etc.
    typically i'd do like 2-3 hours a day just bc i get bored and have nothing to do lol but our lecturers say it's an hour at home for every hour of contact time 0_0

Pharmacy,
    first year,
    err difficult to say bc it's not the same every day/week - some weeks i may finish at 5 three days in that week but other weeks i'll have 2 days off so :/
    work = online tests, assignments, revising lectures etc.
    i go home every weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    typically i'd do like 2-3 hours a day just bc i get bored and have nothing to do lol but our lecturers say it's an hour at home for every hour of contact time 0_0

Pharmacy,
    first year,
    err difficult to say bc it's not the same every day/week - some weeks i may finish at 5 three days in that week but other weeks i'll have 2 days off so :/
    work = online tests, assignments, revising lectures etc.
    i go home every weekend
    Lol u study cause your bored?:rofl:
    I study cause I'm completely lost in lectures

Which uni do u go if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    what uni do u guys go to? Im going to uni next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbowcorn)
    what uni do u guys go to? Im going to uni next year!
    Aston, which one are u hoping of going?

ReputationRep:
    Lol u study cause your bored?:rofl:
    I study cause I'm completely lost in lectures

Which uni do u go if you dont mind me asking?
    loooooool nah i hate studying but i just get sooooo bored like there's nothing to do and no new episodes of good shows and i get bored texting people/ browsing TSR so im like k fine ill work den :rolleyes:

aha yeh our lectures have been A level bio so far - i mean the fact it's bio is enough but A LEVEL ... plz i was dozing off

Brighton - you?

ReputationRep:
    Aston, which one are u hoping of going?
    surrey/brunel hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    loooooool nah i hate studying but i just get sooooo bored like there's nothing to do and no new episodes of good shows and i get bored texting people/ browsing TSR so im like k fine ill work den :rolleyes:

aha yeh our lectures have been A level bio so far - i mean the fact it's bio is enough but A LEVEL ... plz i was dozing off

Brighton - you?
    Lol mate I don't even get time to watch tv:cry:
    So tell me how man asian people are on your course?:rofl:
    I only got a B in A level biology
    Aston

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbowcorn)
    surrey/brunel hopefully!
    Ooh nice, which course

ReputationRep:
    Ooh nice, which course
    international business! Are you enjoying aston, v good uni!

ReputationRep:
    Lol mate I don't even get time to watch tv:cry:
    So tell me how man asian people are on your course?:rofl:
    I only got a B in A level biology
    Aston
    o riprip x_x
    lol not many ukno! well acc - there's a fair bit of south asians, hardly any east asians, a few arabs and then a lot of black people and a few sprinkles of white people lol
    I got a B too haha - it's that simple :cry:
    ooh nice!

ReputationRep:

I might as well contribute positively to TSR for a change
    • Law; 1st year
    • Anywhere from 12 pm to 6 pm, depending on the day. As for how many hours a day I work, it's anywhere from 3 or so to 10. It depends.
    • Work is anything from sitting in lectures taking notes, to reading the texts on our reading list, to making notes on those texts, to doing extra research, planning and writing essays.
    • Ye got myself involved in debating and a few other societies - nothing too time-consuming tho'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    o riprip x_x
    lol not many ukno! well acc - there's a fair bit of south asians, hardly any east asians, a few arabs and then a lot of black people and a few sprinkles of white people lol
    I got a B too haha - it's that simple :cry:
    ooh nice!
    Lol that's suprising, everyone I see doing pharmay is asian:rofl:
    Woops I meant C, I got a B for maths though 5ums off A

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.