Will losing weight help me with dating? Watch

UnluckyAspie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm 5'9 and weigh 195 lbs (almost obese). I've never received attention from women in the past year even though I've become more social. I can recall one time 3 years ago I was almost 40 pounds slimmer when I took a summer course, I noticed the prettiest girl in class hitting on me and later trying to walk me to the bus, unfortunately I was too aloof to figure out that she was FLIRTING and I didn't go from there. Right now I'm 22 and in my last year of college.

I honestly don't believe social skills and "game" help much because physical attractiveness is something you can't ignore. Nobody wants to spend their life with an ugly person. Heck, even if Brad Pitt was self-pitying and being a huge a-hole, women would still throw themselves at him.

For those who tell me to "work on my personality", you need to learn about my condition, Asperger's syndrome. My doctor told me that Aspies can't be charming or flirty the way normal people are because their brains aren't wired that way. I have trouble being a fun person around other people without being inappropriate and saying the wrong thing. Doesn't matter if they're guys or girls. I'm nice and courteous, which I believe should be enough if I work hard on my looks.

P.S. If you tell me I'm "using Asperger's as an excuse", I bet my money that you have no experience around autistic people or studied the disorder. No ignorance please.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes and no. You could lose most of your weight and be at a healthy weight, but you also need confidence. A lot of girls like a confident guy who isn't afraid of his insecurities, so if going to the gym will help with that, then you will definitely go far. Of course, some girls do like skinnier guys too so you will get more attention in that respect. Just be yourself, but learn to love yourself and you'll be a better person.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
It wont do you any harm. Unlikely to be the sole answer though.
BasilBrick
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UnluckyAspie)
I'm 5'9 and weigh 195 lbs (almost obese). I've never received attention from women in the past year even though I've become more social. I can recall one time 3 years ago I was almost 40 pounds slimmer when I took a summer course, I noticed the prettiest girl in class hitting on me and later trying to walk me to the bus, unfortunately I was too aloof to figure out that she was FLIRTING and I didn't go from there. Right now I'm 22 and in my last year of college.

I honestly don't believe social skills and "game" help much because physical attractiveness is something you can't ignore. Nobody wants to spend their life with an ugly person. Heck, even if Brad Pitt was self-pitying and being a huge a-hole, women would still throw themselves at him.

For those who tell me to "work on my personality", you need to learn about my condition, Asperger's syndrome. My doctor told me that Aspies can't be charming or flirty the way normal people are because their brains aren't wired that way. I have trouble being a fun person around other people without being inappropriate and saying the wrong thing. Doesn't matter if they're guys or girls. I'm nice and courteous, which I believe should be enough if I work hard on my looks.

P.S. If you tell me I'm "using Asperger's as an excuse", I bet my money that you have no experience around autistic people or studied the disorder. No ignorance please.
Just hit the gym as hard as you can if you feel that's what you need. I started recently, and taking a look in the mirror every so often is always a great confidence boost, because in many respects confidence is everything in this area.

Also another thing that may put women off is poor fashion taste. Now obviously I can't see what you wear, but a well-fitting set of clothes can really help present your body in a better way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%
Putting on a brave face (238)
13.82%
Impatient (214)
12.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise