Turn on thread page Beta

what type of razor to use down there? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi, just wondering wht kind of razor to use for shaving pubic hair? some say to use new disposables each time, but is there a proper longterm razor safe for use down there, n that i can get relatively easily in uk?

thx
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I use a Venus

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you use a hair removal cream instead? They're much less harsh on the skin than using a razor (down there is pretty sensitive isn't it ), and you won't get a rash or anything which some people do when shaving. If your only doing your bikini line too, a tube of cream will last ages.

If you definitely want to use a razor though, i'd recommend the Venus too, i think you can get ones with aloe strips on which soothes the skin.

ReputationRep:
    veet hair removal waxing strips?
    i havn't tried them myself but they look pretty good if you can take the pain.

hair removal cream is gentle, effective and wont leave a nasty rash like a shaver. i'd recommned using it over a razor. however, if you'd rather shave, as long as the razor is clean you shouldn't have any problems. just make sure you use a good shaving cream which is moisturising and will help to soothe the skin.

ReputationRep:
    you can get smaller razors, specially for that area. they're just disposables, about half the size of regular ones. i've seen them in superdrug
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by cutelilchica)

hair removal cream is gentle, effective and wont leave a nasty rash like a shaver. i'd recommned using it over a razor. however, if you'd rather shave, as long as the razor is clean you shouldn't have any problems. just make sure you use a good shaving cream which is moisturising and will help to soothe the skin.
    Erm, you're really not meant to be using hair removal cream on those areas! It's far from being gentle down there.

And you can't possible say that "it won't leave a rash". They cause rashes for MANY people.

ReputationRep:
    you can get extra sensitive hair removal cream which is designed especially for the bikini area.
    each person is different though i guess.

(Original post by cutelilchica)

only my own personal recommendation from my experience.
    i know some people react differently to others

ReputationRep:
    I think out of 10 times, only twice I would break out with some form of rash (do you call two or three tiny bumps a rash?) after shaving down there so I actually recommend shaving! Waxing can be a hassle: tried it twice. Bleh to veet.

ReputationRep:
    how long does the venus last? i suppose u have to change blades often?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.