Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have a fairly large friend group so I can't afford to buy everyone something nice so I usually just devolve to giving them all chocolate but that just seems kinda boring? Has anyone got any suggestions for small presents around the £3 mark???

ReputationRep:
    my idea is to get mugs, probably with letter of their name on it and fill it with sweets etc. basic but cute and cheap

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried charities? Some sell trinkets and things for amazing prices (I saw a lovely dragonfly clip, lifesize, for about £3.50, once). Or you could try those little shops where they sell small but nice things.
    Tbh, I've always had a budget like that, and I have a large family, so I've often faced this. If you're creative, you could try making/baking things for them. I remember I once surprised the whole family one Easter with specially-painted boiled eggs (some of which I was quite proud of) So you could try to be original and do stuff like that. I think this Christmas I'm making a gingerbread house, possibly stuffed with sweets...

ReputationRep:
    Claire's sales: 3 for £5
    That way you can get really cute and affordable jewellery (some stores don't have good stuff though).

Homemade toasted spice nuts in mini £1 glass jars with cute ribbons.

Nail varnish sets at tkmaxx; just get a box with 20 of them and wrap 3 with the jewellery.

Its all about bulk buy to give to many people

ReputationRep:
    A really cute gift someone once gave me was a little glass jar filled with the ingredients to bake some chocolate chip cookies (in layers) with a little hand written recipe.

ReputationRep:
    Oo why don't you make your own Christmas crackers and pop little gifts in there? You could put in little bits like nail varnish, lip balms, earrings, keyrings etc.- You wouldn't have to spend much but everyone will be impressed with the effort you've gone too!

You can make Christmas crackers like this- http://smile.findmeagift.co.uk/how-t...tmas-crackers/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 23, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.