The Student Room Group

Cheap Christmas presents?

So I have a fairly large friend group so I can't afford to buy everyone something nice so I usually just devolve to giving them all chocolate but that just seems kinda boring? Has anyone got any suggestions for small presents around the £3 mark???
my idea is to get mugs, probably with letter of their name on it and fill it with sweets etc. basic but cute and cheap
Have you tried charities? Some sell trinkets and things for amazing prices (I saw a lovely dragonfly clip, lifesize, for about £3.50, once). Or you could try those little shops where they sell small but nice things.
Tbh, I've always had a budget like that, and I have a large family, so I've often faced this. If you're creative, you could try making/baking things for them. I remember I once surprised the whole family one Easter with specially-painted boiled eggs (some of which I was quite proud of):tongue: So you could try to be original and do stuff like that. I think this Christmas I'm making a gingerbread house, possibly stuffed with sweets...
Claire's sales: 3 for £5
That way you can get really cute and affordable jewellery (some stores don't have good stuff though).

Homemade toasted spice nuts in mini £1 glass jars with cute ribbons.

Nail varnish sets at tkmaxx; just get a box with 20 of them and wrap 3 with the jewellery.

Its all about bulk buy to give to many people :wink:
A really cute gift someone once gave me was a little glass jar filled with the ingredients to bake some chocolate chip cookies (in layers) with a little hand written recipe.
Oo why don't you make your own Christmas crackers and pop little gifts in there? You could put in little bits like nail varnish, lip balms, earrings, keyrings etc.- You wouldn't have to spend much but everyone will be impressed with the effort you've gone too!

You can make Christmas crackers like this- http://smile.findmeagift.co.uk/how-to/how-to-make-christmas-crackers/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending