Anyone know the qualifications and experience requiired Watch

Jimjimy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello there, wondering if anyone could tell me if they know what sort of experience/ how long it would it take and what qualifications/masters you would need to become a nurse practitioner? For example in a surgery or walk in centre? Thanks- jj
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you will require a number of years of relevant post registration experience and increasingly the only way to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required for NP role is by Master;s level study ... it (master's level study) is the ONLY way to access prescribing
Pppppppixkle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zippyRN)
you will require a number of years of relevant post registration experience and increasingly the only way to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required for NP role is by Master;s level study ... it (master's level study) is the ONLY way to access prescribing
Do you know what this masters would be in? I am also interested in this role but can't find a msc would you be able to give an example, thank you
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pppppppixkle)
Do you know what this masters would be in? I am also interested in this role but can't find a msc would you be able to give an example, thank you
If you google "advanced clinical practice masters" you'll find the sort of courses you'll need. Here's a couple of examples:

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgrad...urseDetailsTab

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/healths..._standard.page
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Pppppppixkle)
moonkatt has answered the question ...

- advanced clinical practice

- Independent prescribingfor Nurses and Pharmacists ...

what has to be remembers is that to a greater of lesser extent access is i nthe hands of employers as well ... least said on that topic the better unless you want a rant from me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (32)
17.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (27)
14.92%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (39)
21.55%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (66)
36.46%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (6)
3.31%
No particular grades needed (11)
6.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise