Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

Hi, guys and gals! :bee:

Okay, so this is going to be my "Journey to University" (personally I'll just be happy if I get through this year)

Me, Myself and I

So, I am a year 13 student, which means, that things are getting very real, very fast:run:. And by that I mean we are actually doing, what I think of, grown up things, like getting jobs, driving :auto: and thinking about what the heck it is that you want to do in the future.

Starting from the beginning(ish); at GCSE's I would say that I was a pretty good student (if I do say so myself), and came out with:
    3 A*'s,
    8 A's
    1 B
    For my A-Levels, I chose to do Biology, Chemistry, Maths, English (which I dropped at AS) and an EPQ.

I really struggled with the transition from GCSE to A-Level, as I went from getting straight A's, to suddenly getting D's and E's.

Saying that, I think that I did make a fair bit of progress, as at AS, I came out with a C in English, a C in Math (I was 2 UMS off. 2!) and an A* in my EPQ. We had mocks for out Biology and Chemistry, where I'm predicted B's in both.

Why am I doing this?

So that brings us all up to date.I was honestly so disappointed last year when I opened by results. And although I had made a huge improvement, I just felt like I could have done so much better, if I had just put that little bit of extra time in.
    So this year, I have decided that I don't want to feel like that this summer, so I just need to focus for 6 months.And then I can have all the fun, watch all the Netflix, and double-tap all the photos.

The only problem is:
    Spoiler:
    Show

procrastination.

Let me explain: I am the type of person that won't do anything till I am stressed and absolutely NEED to do it. That being said, once I get started I can just roll with it and get so much done. My problem lies in the getting started part.
    I'm hoping that we can help motivate each other to get started and do this, for ourselves.
    As you can tell, this I am not one of those really clever blogs that I've seen on TSR, where they're already on their target grades and are getting all A*'s.

This blog is gonna be:
    • About how I plan to study and organise my life
    • How I actually study
    • Whether it works or not, and you can see that through tests
    • Maybe what's going on in college, in terms of any tests, exams or the U word :
    Spoiler:
    Show

university

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.