Student Finance Watch

Samihab
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello! I just have a quick question regarding student finance

What happens if I am from a low income family receiving tax credits? Will I still be eligible for a student loan and maintenance loan?

Thanks!! x
RegisteredBMS
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The less your family earn the more support you get. The more benefits they receive does not decrease what you get from SFE, it will increase it in most cases since it is indicative of an overall low income. I imagine you will probably receive a full maintenance loan and whatever they've replaced the grant with. You'll definitely get a tuition fee loan, you have to earn a fair bit not to get that.
Samihab
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by TraineeBMS)
The less your family earn the more support you get. The more benefits they receive does not decrease what you get from SFE, it will increase it in most cases since it is indicative of an overall low income. I imagine you will probably receive a full maintenance loan and whatever they've replaced the grant with. You'll definitely get a tuition fee loan, you have to earn a fair bit not to get that.
Hi, thanks for your reply! It's really helped me!

As me or my family has ever done this before, is there a section when applying for Student Finance where things such as working tax credits can be stated?

Thanks!! x
RegisteredBMS
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Samihab)
Hi, thanks for your reply! It's really helped me!

As me or my family has ever done this before, is there a section when applying for Student Finance where things such as working tax credits can be stated?

Thanks!! x
I believe there is a section that mentions benefits. Just go through and fill out everything they ask of you and it'll be fine. They aren't looking to trick you. It's your first time applying so having a crack and just see what they're asking first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (48)
18.18%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (107)
40.53%
Nope, not that interesting (109)
41.29%

Watched Threads