Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently 19 and I'm looking to go to uni in September but don't have the greatest results, I have a GCSE C in English and Functional Skills Maths Level 2 which is equivalent to a C, apart from that all I have is a Level 3 Business Diploma, and a few minor certificates like workskills, I would continue with education but don't want to leave it too long for me to go to Uni. A big problem is I don't know what I'd enjoy I'm thinking something to do with Business or Advertisement but would I get in with my qualifications? any help is much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    You can check individual entry requirements on each university's website. You'll probably be fine at most unis for business-related courses with those qualifications, just maybe not the absolute top.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man Im just worried its only pass not demerit or anything
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    You can check individual entry requirements on each university's website. You'll probably be fine at most unis for business-related courses with those qualifications, just maybe not the absolute top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJCML)
    Thanks man Im just worried its only pass not demerit or anything
    Pass is roughly equivalent to a C, you can still get into university. Not top ones though. Not sure how hard BTECs are but if you put in the effort to get distinctions, it will pay off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Pass is roughly equivalent to a C, you can still get into university. Not top ones though. Not sure how hard BTECs are but if you put in the effort to get distinctions, it will pay off.
    Thanks i'll take your advice but my dodgey college never gave any students goals towards merits or anything there was no way to get distinctions

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.