The Student Room Group

Opinions on these universities?!

Hi, I'm wanting to study History at university next year but really want to gauge an honest opinion of the places I'm thinking of going.

My options so far are:
Newcastle
Manchester
Loughborough
Bournemouth
Nottingham trent

What are the good/bad things about these unis? would you recommend anywhere else?
Newcastle, Manchester - not brilliant, but still semi-decent Russell Group universities.

Loughborough, Bournemouth, Nottingham Trent - avoid like the plague.
Original post by helpimastudent0
Hi, I'm wanting to study History at university next year but really want to gauge an honest opinion of the places I'm thinking of going

What are your grade predictions?
Original post by #ChaosKass
Newcastle, Manchester - not brilliant, but still semi-decent Russell Group universities.

Loughborough, Bournemouth, Nottingham Trent - avoid like the plague.

Thanks haha can i ask why? and do you have any recommendations im a bit lost x
Original post by RogerOxon
What are your grade predictions?

At AS i got BBB, so I would like to aim for ABB, but at the same time really nervous I wont be able to pull them up
Original post by helpimastudent0
At AS i got BBB, so I would like to aim for ABB, but at the same time really nervous I wont be able to pull them up

That makes Manchester and Newcastle a bit of a stretch. Unless you have any contextual flags, both are likely to ask you for AAA - assuming you get an offer. Try going on whatuni.com and searching for courses with requirements of ABB - places like Kent and Goldsmiths come up.

Also have a look at joint honours courses because sometimes they are a grade or so lighter on requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending