Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've had my GHD's at least 4 years and I'm pretty sure my hair no longer straightens as well!
    Does anyone know if straighteners have a general shelf life?

I'm thinking of buying a new pair but as most students I don't have a big bank account so want to make sure I need them and I get the right ones, so suggestions would be good too! (Particularly for thick curly hair).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Swagio)
    I've had my GHD's at least 4 years and I'm pretty sure my hair no longer straightens as well!
    Does anyone know if straighteners have a general shelf life?

I'm thinking of buying a new pair but as most students I don't have a big bank account so want to make sure I need them and I get the right ones, so suggestions would be good too! (Particularly for thick curly hair).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think like most things they are only built to last so long so you have to buy more, like laptops etc. Depending on how often you use them, will affect this. But I found my straighteners stopped seeming to be as good after a while too, although I don't use straightners anymore now If you don't have enough money for GHDs, there are loads of less expensive but still good ones out there, depends on your budget - how much are you thinking?

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend the Remington shine therapy straightner (i think they say its infused with Argan oil or avocado or something). Goes upto 230C. Remington also offer a 5 year warranty. Usually they just send you a new one. I purchased mines probably 6-7 years ago(?). It broke down twice and I was sent a brand new one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    I think like most things they are only built to last so long so you have to buy more, like laptops etc. Depending on how often you use them, will affect this. But I found my straighteners stopped seeming to be as good after a while too, although I don't use straightners anymore now If you don't have enough money for GHDs, there are loads of less expensive but still good ones out there, depends on your budget - how much are you thinking?
    I don't mind spending money on them like GHD's but I wanna make sure if I get some they're the best ones for me! I've seen another pair called cloud 9 but not heard much about them and they're same price as GHD's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A321)
    I'd recommend the Remington shine therapy straightner (i think they say its infused with Argan oil or avocado or something). Goes upto 230C. Remington also offer a 5 year warranty. Usually they just send you a new one. I purchased mines probably 6-7 years ago(?). It broke down twice and I was sent a brand new one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I'll have a look at them 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had GHDs for just over 6 years which packed up on me the beginning of then. Since then I purchased the BabyLiss Ombré 235 straighteners and it allows you to choose the temperature which I've had over a year and I've had no problems with them. They're just as good as the GHDs

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.