The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Help with accommodation?

Hi all,
I have just recived an unconditional place at John Moores and now I'm trying to work out what the best option is for accommodation. I would have just turned 22 when I start..so I was thinking maybe I would be too old for first year halls? I like to party but not every night anymore. Would it be best to live in a student house? Student houses seem a fair bit cheaper than halls as well. I just don't want to be the oldest in my hall. I will be taking Physical Education by the way.
Cheers!!
Hello!

I'm assuming if you're doing P.E you'll be based in the I.M Marsh Campus, which is not near town. If that's were you are based, then I suggest moving into the halls of residence in that area.

It's based in a beautiful part of Liverpool - Aigburth, and to get to town you need to get the 82 bus from Aigburth Vale, or the train from Aigburth Station to Liverpool Central. 20 - 30 mins by bus, 10 - 15 mins by train. You will need to factor those in if you live in town - time and money.

A monthly bus ticket is £58.90, or a weekly is £17. I'm not sure on trains, but I think without a rail card, it's about a £3.50 return to town.

Although you don't like the idea of partying (I'm the same btw!) I'd still move into halls because it's daunting and can be scary for the first time round. If you move into halls, everyone else is in the same boat. You could call up the halls and ask them when you apply if you could be put with people who are a little older, rather than people who are 18. They might be a little more like you :smile: Always worth a try!

But yes, if you are in I.M Marsh campus, then I'd definitely stay there!
Liverpool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending