Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Evening,

I'm currently a Y11 student studying English Language and Literature, Mathematics, Separate Sciences, History, Spanish, RE, PE and Catering. I'm predicted A grades in all subjects (8's in English and Mathematics).
    My long term goal is, and has been for some time, to teach history. I am now looking to make college applications in the coming weeks and consequently I am trying to gather as many peoples opinions as possible. I am looking at choosing four subjects from: History, Classical Civilisation, Spanish, English (Combined Literature / Language), Philosophy & Ethics and Sociology. History along with Philosophy & Ethics are two subjects I definitely want to study at the moment.

Would anyone be able to advise any good a-level combinations for me to achieve my goal of teaching history? I was wondering if any specific a-levels are looked on particularly favourably for history teachers / PGCE secondary history courses?

Thanks for reading!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Twiggy2412)
    Evening,

I'm currently a Y11 student studying English Language and Literature, Mathematics, Separate Sciences, History, Spanish, RE, PE and Catering. I'm predicted A grades in all subjects (8's in English and Mathematics).
    My long term goal is, and has been for some time, to teach history. I am now looking to make college applications in the coming weeks and consequently I am trying to gather as many peoples opinions as possible. I am looking at choosing four subjects from: History, Classical Civilisation, Spanish, English (Combined Literature / Language), Philosophy & Ethics and Sociology. History along with Philosophy & Ethics are two subjects I definitely want to study at the moment.

Would anyone be able to advise any good a-level combinations for me to achieve my goal of teaching history? I was wondering if any specific a-levels are looked on particularly favourably for history teachers / PGCE secondary history courses?

Thanks for reading!
    Your list of subjects are fine. Choose any three or four.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.