Turn on thread page Beta

Met this girl last night. We have Long history and I recently moved away to England for univeristy from Ireland. She always drunk calls me and stuff and wanted to meet up when I got back. She would say flirty things and get my hopes up. Met last night and had a great night. Got back to hers and she told me that she just wants to be friends and that she hasn't no feelings for me whatsoever and that I should cut any feelings out for her and she deserves us as good friends but have potential for the future. Feel heartbroken again and used. What do I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Met this girl last night. We have Long history and I recently moved away to England for univeristy from Ireland. She always drunk calls me and stuff and wanted to meet up when I got back. She would say flirty things and get my hopes up. Met last night and had a great night. Got back to hers and she told me that she just wants to be friends and that she hasn't no feelings for me whatsoever and that I should cut any feelings out for her and she deserves us as good friends but have potential for the future. Feel heartbroken again and used. What do I do
    You should just leave it. It is not fair on you that you are being messed about

(Original post by hearthstone)
    You should just leave it. It is not fair on you that you are being messed about
    She's done it before and stuff. Just the fact that I haven't seen her in ages and she does this

ReputationRep:
    She's done it before and stuff. Just the fact that I haven't seen her in ages and she does this
    It is just not worth it, I know it must be hard as you like her but sometimes it is better to let go..

Not fair on you. Don't play along the next time she gets flirty...you're being messed about.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Pointless staying friends with someone who only sees you as a friend when you want something more.

(Original post by UWS)
    Pointless staying friends with someone who only sees you as a friend when you want something more.
    im just cutting contact. All that I can do. It's tough but she's manipulative and I need to forget about her

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that , it will take time , and it will get better . She is not worth it , truly as if she was she would not do that and it is no point staying friends with someone when they only see you as a friend and you don't see them that way as (UWS) said . I know this because my friend got dumped today and this was a similar situation they were in and it can be hard I know and trust me just try getting out more and doing stuff you enjoy , spending time with friends as the more time your alone the more you will likely think about it.
    Time heals everything it's just the waiting game that is annoying. And you will sure find someone who is better than that and will appreciate you for you and will like you and love you above being just a person they talk to.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.