Arts University Bournemouth Interview Expectations? Watch

Alister Malcolm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,

I've got an interview coming up next week for the Film Production 3 Year Degree. Has anyone recently been through their interview process and can give me a bit more info on what to expect and the types of questions they asked? Super worried as this is the University I've got my heart set on.

Many thanks,

Alister
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Alister Malcolm)
Hi there,

I've got an interview coming up next week for the Film Production 3 Year Degree. Has anyone recently been through their interview process and can give me a bit more info on what to expect and the types of questions they asked? Super worried as this is the University I've got my heart set on.

Many thanks,

Alister
Sorry noone responded to this ( although Grade had a similar thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4403888 you might have been in the same interviews!).

How did your interview go?
Annapeleties
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there,

Many thanks,

Alister
Hi, I was wondering if you had your interview yet, as I have one next week for the same course and it would be really helpful if you could tell me how it went?

Thanks, Anna.
Lc1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there,

Many thanks,

Alister
Just back from my Fine Art Interview and if it is of any help to anyone applying to this course, or any at AUB, then you have nothing to worry about. They simply want you to talk about your work and they ask you to do in such a relaxed setting. Questions which they may ask are 'why AUB' 'why (the course you have applied for)' 'what exhibitons you have recently visited' or something similar to them. Good Luck to all those applying!
stargirl98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had an interview for photography yesterday and it was super relaxed. Some of the questions they asked were: Why do you want to study this subject? What do you want to personally achieve? Have you read any books? What was the last exhibition you went to? What music do you like? Are you up-to-date with the news? Do you share your work with a lot of people? Do you like researching? What artists are you inspired by? They also asked if you had £20,000 to spend in London what would you buy?

Hope this helps anyone who has their interview coming up
Zariqa1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by annaluk)
I had an interview for photography yesterday and it was super relaxed. Some of the questions they asked were: Why do you want to study this subject? What do you want to personally achieve? Have you read any books? What was the last exhibition you went to? What music do you like? Are you up-to-date with the news? Do you share your work with a lot of people? Do you like researching? What artists are you inspired by? They also asked if you had £20,000 to spend in London what would you buy?

Hope this helps anyone who has their interview coming up
omg thank you ever so much, i have an interview next week and i am absolutely terrified. Is AUB your first choice?
stargirl98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zariqa1)
omg thank you ever so much, i have an interview next week and i am absolutely terrified. Is AUB your first choice?
Don't worry, I was really nervous too but the interview was really chilled I'm kind of torn between AUB and Brighton but I think AUB is my favourite!
Alister Malcolm
Rep:
?
Yeah, I had my interview. The questions were weirdly all "what would you do if you were in this situation" and also all industry based, they didn't once mention the university! I felt like I was applying for a job, not a place as a student. They also didn't even ask me why I want to study there, choose the course or anything. I was very dissapointed with them when they stated that they'd use similar to identical questions for everyone, yet the other people who were interviewed came back describing that they had generic UNI interview questions.

They were my first choice, but unfortunately they have this ridiculous "Year 0" category, which is pretty much a cash cow. I was offered Year 0, so that's put me right off them! Bournemouth it is!
Zariqa1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, I had my interview. The questions were weirdly all "what would you do if you were in this situation" and also all industry based, they didn't once mention the university! I felt like I was applying for a job, not a place as a student. They also didn't even ask me why I want to study there, choose the course or anything. I was very dissapointed with them when they stated that they'd use similar to identical questions for everyone, yet the other people who were interviewed came back describing that they had generic UNI interview questions.

They were my first choice, but unfortunately they have this ridiculous "Year 0" category, which is pretty much a cash cow. I was offered Year 0, so that's put me right off them! Bournemouth it is!
Yeah he really ****ed me off, he asked personal questions about my religion and asked if I was 100% devoted to it and do I pray? He was a complete **** ngl
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zariqa1)
Yeah he really ****ed me off, he asked personal questions about my religion and asked if I was 100% devoted to it and do I pray? He was a complete **** ngl
They really shouldn't be asking you questions like that - you should let the admissions staff know if you think they asked inappropriate questions. They'll give the interviewer a *******ing.
Alister Malcolm
Rep:
?
Wow, and I thought my interview was a bit off! Would expect more from such an accredited institution.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    BA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (86)
17.77%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (312)
64.46%
Not yet but I am planning to (23)
4.75%
Not yet but I might (63)
13.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed