Do you consider the environment and ethics when buying clothes and makeup? Watch

BurstingBubbles
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
When you buy clothes and make up, do you consider the environment and ethics, and why? For example do you avoid places which use poor conditions and limited wages for staff, animal testing, or are not environmentally friendly? Which shops and brands are the best in terms of the environment and ethics?

I have to admit, I hadn't thought much about either until recently, I tend to buy things based on my budget. But I would like to find out more about places which may be better to buy from
M5 Ghost
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
When you buy clothes and make up, do you consider the environment and ethics, and why? For example do you avoid places which use poor conditions and limited wages for staff, animal testing, or are not environmentally friendly? Which shops and brands are the best in terms of the environment and ethics?

I have to admit, I hadn't thought much about either until recently, I tend to buy things based on my budget. But I would like to find out more about places which may be better to buy from
Never really thought about that.
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

The animal testing used to bother me but then I found out about this only recently. I'm a massive Body shop fan and shop there almost exclusively for my makeup and toiletries.
CheeseIsVeg
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Unfortunately not, for I am poor.
But I no longer purchase makeup so :dontknow:
chelseadagg3r
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I try my best to avoid make-up that has been tested on animals, and I try to avoid places like Primark that don't treat their workers well. Sometimes I just can't afford it though. Like, I can't afford to spend £6 on a 'cheap' pair of underwear when I can get them for less than £1 from Primark. When it comes to buying things like an expensive make-up treat, I'll always choose to go with a respectable brand that doesn't test on animals or treat it's workers badly
annabirks
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It’s my personal opinion that you must not consider environment and the ethics before you dress up. Life is very short. Do whatever you want. Life is too short to worry about what others think.

When you buy clothes and make up, do you consider the environment and ethics,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads