Predicted vs. Actual AS Grades? Watch

abdallday
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ok. So I'm super worried. I am an international. Our school doesn't tell us what our predicted grades are, unless we ask them ourselves. Now, as a consequence of my idiocy, didn't bother to ask.

The problem is that I had an A* in Further Maths in my AS Level (Not the actual AS, but the school's version, kind of like final exams). For some reason, my Further Maths teacher sent in my predicted as an A and I just came to know of this. This is quite alarming since Further Maths formed a major part of the academic portion of my application.

I got a total of one B in Further Maths, which was in my mid year exams. I got all A*s with one or two A's in my monthly assessments. Yet I was still predicted an A. Could someone please tell me to what extent the predicted grades actually matter? I have heard that unis know that teacher round up your predicted grades, which means my A is worse than I thought.

PLEASE HELP!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The predicted grade is just an indicator of where you are or are expected to achieve and will be taken into consideration with your application but generally unless the uni really wants you they will make an offer of their usual entry requirements or higher. At this stage don't worry because there isn't much you can do. Focus on doing well and that's all that matters.
abdallday
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
The predicted grade is just an indicator of where you are or are expected to achieve and will be taken into consideration with your application but generally unless the uni really wants you they will make an offer of their usual entry requirements or higher. At this stage don't worry because there isn't much you can do. Focus on doing well and that's all that matters.
Thanks! I forgot to mention that I am applying to US unis too. How would my predicted grades matter in that case?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abdallday)
Thanks! I forgot to mention that I am applying to US unis too. How would my predicted grades matter in that case?
The application system is very different and I don't know much about it. I think it's one of many more things that US unis look at. They're more interested in you as a person, your SATs etc.
kiera28
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Predicted: AAAB
Achieved: ABBB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.42%
Excited (159)
9.19%
Worried (307)
17.74%
Terrified (383)
22.13%
Meh (176)
10.17%
Confused (37)
2.14%