The Student Room Group

School Pranks

What was the best one in your school?

There's always been a running legend in ours that some dude got some Pottasium from the chemistry store cupboards, and, on muck-up day, started throwing chunks into the school toilets. So bathrooms exploded and the genereal level of chaos was sufficiently satisfactory to get a good laugh from the leaving class.

We weren't so adventurous on our last day, but:
-glued all the chairs in the 6th form centre to the floor (hilarious);
- somebody put mild laxatives in all the water coolers.
-used salt as a sugar substitute in the sugar pot for staff's coffee break
-glued one-pound coins in random outdoor areas of the school (simple, but effective, as almost everyone who passed by tried to pick them up. Video footage of this one!)
-strategically placed water balloons.
-One of my mates lived on a farm, so we got pigs in and let them loose: one had a number 1 pinned to it, the other had a number 2, and the third had a number 4. We just sat and laughed as they tried to search for number 3.)

Needless to say, I guess the school was glad to get rid of us.

Scroll to see replies

A mate of mine covered a lab coat with lighter fuel and set himself on fire and ran round the chem lab which was pretty good. Otherwise this year some people went into a class room shook some beer up and sprayed it everywhere. Now who said teenagers were immature
Reply 2
water ballons
laxative in the food
set of the fire alarm
Reply 3
firebladez777.5
-One of my mates lived on a farm, so we got pigs in and let them loose: one had a number 1 pinned to it, the other had a number 2, and the third had a number 4. We just sat and laughed as they tried to search for number 3.)

Lol! We thought of that one, but it was a bit impractical...makes our prank of standing on the school roof and throwing 'silence - examinations in progress' signs onto the teachers' cars below seem tame :redface:
pikaboo
Lol! We thought of that one, but it was a bit impractical...makes our prank of standing on the school roof and throwing 'silence - examinations in progress' signs onto the teachers' cars below seem tame :redface:

That's still a pretty good one. :biggrin: Just remembered--all of us who drive, parked our cars in the teachers parking as well (got there extra early just to do so)
Reply 5
our school has always been really proud of its grounds so we salted the damn things. We put the school up for sale in the paper (Im sure everyone does that one) Glued coins over the keyholes of doors and with the help of a couple of teachers, called a staff meeting and managed to lock the staff in the staff room for about an hour. (thank god we were leaving)
_EMMA_
the new dark rose age begins roseonthegrave

:smile:
Reply 7
Ours was pretty tame, and very last minute. We all arrived early, and set up a biohazard checkpoint, complete with plastic suits, florescent jackets and helmets. They used water guns to "sanitise" peoples cars. I chalked dead body outlines around, but other wise we had a big water fight and a bouncy castle. The rest of the day was spent drinking.
Reply 8
The most prankish thing that happened at my school was a water balloon was placed above a door so, when opened, the balloon would fall, burst, and soak whoever should walk through.
The person who did get soaked was the one person who has no sense of humour whatsoever...the deputy head of sixth form. I think she tried to give the offender an afterschool detention, to no avail...obviously.
I think that was the only thing that happened for two reasons. (i) They gave use half a day on the last day (so there was no time to do anything) and (ii) everyone went to the pub pretty much at the start of the day anyway.

A previous obvious prank was someone writing messages on the school field with bleach.
Reply 9
some friends at another school used to come up with a lot of pranks. one time they put crayons, pens,pencils or someghing under their shoes and wrote things on the floor. for example they wrote the name of some people at that school that they didn't like, the funny thing is that is was they who got the blame for it. rather stupid i mean how many would write their own name?
A few years ago the boys next door stole some chickens from the country park nearby and set them loose... something like that! I'm sure Zapsta or mc can elaborate, they'll know more about it than me!

They got in major trouble for it... ours was quite tame actually but still a laugh.
firebladez777.5
One of my mates lived on a farm, so we got pigs in and let them loose: one had a number 1 pinned to it, the other had a number 2, and the third had a number 4. We just sat and laughed as they tried to search for number 3.)

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
When i was in year 9 the people who were in year 11 and just about to leave all pushed one of the DT teachers car down a bank and it crashed into a tree, they then stoned it for a while and totally wrecked it and ran off. The DT teacher wasn't happy, and what lesson did i have next? ....*sigh* I was on my best behaviour and still got a detention.
tis_me_lord
When i was in year 9 the people who were in year 11 and just about to leave all pushed one of the DT teachers car down a bank and it crashed into a tree, they then stoned it for a while and totally wrecked it and ran off. The DT teacher wasn't happy, and what lesson did i have next? ....*sigh* I was on my best behaviour and still got a detention.

LOL!

Someone in my year's brother sillystringed one of our teachers' cars on Halloween and she mentioned it when we were playing football... he didn't actually know who it was, he does now! Apparently it ruined the hood (it was a convertible), dunno how!
I wanted to throw an egg at my teacher's car.
I wanted to throw an egg at my teacher's car
When I was leaving, I drew tornados all over the walls of my old geography room. This may seem insignificant, but the teacher was called 'Tornado Tits'. They were sag bags and she was extremely overweight and bitter. I wrote Tornado Tits all over the blackboard too.
One of my teachers gave Year 8 kids the keys to his car to get some stuff out of the boot. 5 minutes later you could see some 12 year olds driving down the road. Teacher nearly got sacked.
Reply 18
LOL BloodyValentine and I are at the same school :smile: and I can say it is virtually prank-free. Compared to the national average at least.
Widowmaker
I wanted to throw an egg at my teacher's car

Right....you should have done it on your last day. The only opportunity to wreak revenge after all those years of torture!

However, it's nothing compared to my teachers mysteriously finding plastic spiders and lizards in their cups of tea when they momentarily left the clasrooms to do and photocopy something. Lat maths lesson, we actually put a couple of live worms in the (evil) mechanics teacher's coffee (The blood on my hands at the thought of murdering two innocent creatures....but he thoroughly deserved it. As a teacher he was beyond crap)