Turn on thread page Beta

Any idea what might be wrong with me? watch

ReputationRep:
    Suddenly came on last night:

- Hot + cold sweats
    - Temperature
    - Permanently dehydrated, e.g. no matter how much I drink my mouth is still dry
    - Chest pain
    - Can't sleep because every two hours I wake up panting because my throat and mouth is that dry
    - Headache
    - Nausea
    - Dizziness

Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go doctors OP.
    Hope all goes well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfab)
    Go doctors OP.
    Hope all goes well.
    It's impossible to see a doctors round here. I just want some idea of whether it's serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    It's impossible to see a doctors round here. I just want some idea of whether it's serious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not something anyone can say for certain but it could just be a nasty virus, it could be serious. If you really can't see a doctor then ring 111 and see what they say. It's likely to be the same thing as they have to take anything with chest pain seriously but they may well be able to book you an appointment to see someone somewhere this afternoon too, or tonight. Hope you feel better soon!

ReputationRep:
    Are these symptoms still on going?
    I think what the person above (furryface12) has said should be taken into consideration

ReputationRep:
    Suddenly came on last night:

- Hot + cold sweats
    - Temperature
    - Permanently dehydrated, e.g. no matter how much I drink my mouth is still dry
    - Chest pain
    - Can't sleep because every two hours I wake up panting because my throat and mouth is that dry
    - Headache
    - Nausea
    - Dizziness

Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    see the doctor today.

ReputationRep:
    OP's post history suggests she has a history of health problems. The "chest pain " could be a recurrence of the injury she documented here almost 3 years ago. Not surprising considering that many sports people with injury problems don't fully overcome them and thus retire early
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Call 111. If you need to be seen you WILL be seen. 111 tells you what action you need to take after asking you a sreies of questions. They can book appointments with out-of hours doctors, phone ambulances, tell your surgery that you need to be seen etc.
    The symptoms you have could be a whole range of things so medical advice is best. If 111 suggest you see your GP, ask how soon and explain you find it difficult to get appointments. They will help

Hope you feel better now or soon. Do me a favour and take a look in your throat with a torch and see if there is any white that might indicate an infection. With a sore throat and fever-like symptoms it would be my first thought and you can tell whoever you talk to if you have seen anything. Also be sure to keep drinking water even if you think it's pointless cos you'll be dehydrated anyway. Some sugary drink like squash may help the dryness (avoid fizz tough).

Also, quick note although it is unlikely:
    If you star to feel much worse, faint (or almost faint), are sick, get severe pain in your chest or left arm, feel weak on one side, start to bleed heavily or from an unusual place or anything else suspicious or scary call 111 or speak to a doctor immediately even if you have already spoken to somebody.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much confirmed it's tonsilltis

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Pretty much confirmed it's tonsilltis

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad it's not something more serious! Well done for getting it checked out, hope you start to feel a bit better soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Glad it's not something more serious! Well done for getting it checked out, hope you start to feel a bit better soon
    So do I - it's my 18th on Sunday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    So do I - it's my 18th on Sunday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Happy birthday! Enjoy your antibiotic cake :P
    Seriously, I hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and let yourself recover.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.