Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in my second year at uni and I've been asked to pay £9,000 for the first year's tuition fees. When I registered for the course I had no idea I would have to pay this up front. If i I don't come up with at least half the money by mid November this year and the other half in February I am going to lose my place.

The reason I'm being asked to pay this is because I flunked out of a previous degree I was doing. This is because I was victim of aggravated burglary and assault in my own home by members of a known drug gang on my estate and I was suffered from trauma as well as recovering from my injuries and having to move home and being scared to death of retaliation when they were arrested and I went to court to testify against them.

I have sent a letter of compelling circumstances although it took ages to get my crime report. In the meantime, I'm waiting to hear back whether I've been successful but they are saying I still have to come up with half the money whether or not I'm successful in getting the funding. I've applied for a loan but I'm worried about whether I pay this that I won't ever get the money back.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Are the uni aware of your situation? You have to talk to them.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.