Reapplying to the same University with a similar personal statement. Watch

ruthinlad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Last year I received all 5 offers from Russell Group Universities to do Biomedical/Medical Sciences. Unfortunately I fell short in Chemistry, getting a D instead of the required B.

Due to my having a rugby league scholarship at a specific university, I decided to self-teach the chemistry and reapply to that same university in the hope of getting in a second time around. I have called them and they have said that this is fine and I am at no disadvantage when I apply for a second time.

Here is my problem: My personal statement was really the dog's proverbials, and I've seen other forums where they say that if reapplying I must change a few lines, a small paragraph, most or all of the personal statement. There doesn't seem to be any distinctive amount of characters that need to be changed?

SO, what do you all think?
- Can I change just a few lines to explain what I'm doing this year and how it is relevant to what I'm hoping to do?
- Will they think I'm lazy and not accept the offer because of this?

Any help would be appreciated, or any similar experiences
Thanks, R.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Reusing your previous PS is fine but as you say it's a good idea to add in what you've been doing this year and how it's relevant. Generally it's a good idea to rewrite to show you've put the effort in but you won't get into trouble for not doing so.
ruthinlad
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
Reusing your previous PS is fine but as you say it's a good idea to add in what you've been doing this year and how it's relevant. Generally it's a good idea to rewrite to show you've put the effort in but you won't get into trouble for not doing so.
Thank you! I just really need as much reassurance as possible that what I'm doing won't lead me into a dead end. I'm going through it and changing phrases like 'last year' and 'recently' just in case it is flagged up by UCAS to the university.
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It will be flagged by UCAS, but when they see that it was your PS from last year, they won't progress that any further
ruthinlad
Rep:
?
GOOD NEWS, I received all five offers!

Thank you for your help guys!

R.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.42%
Excited (159)
9.19%
Worried (307)
17.74%
Terrified (383)
22.13%
Meh (176)
10.17%
Confused (37)
2.14%