When do I apply? Watch

LillyFaye
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm doing two A2s and an AS in College so I'm essentially going to do Year 13 twice. I want to do an apprenticeship starting 2018, so when do I look and apply.
Also- do I need to sign up to UCAS?
Tubbz
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most of the bigger apprenticeship schemes take a full year to process applications, and tend to run alongside the UCAS applications, so look to apply now.

If you're also wanting to apply to uni, then yes sign up to UCAS, it's not necessary for apprenticeships.
Apprenticeships Advice
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tubbz)
Most of the bigger apprenticeship schemes take a full year to process applications, and tend to run alongside the UCAS applications, so look to apply now.

If you're also wanting to apply to uni, then yes sign up to UCAS, it's not necessary for apprenticeships.
(Original post by LillyFaye)
I'm doing two A2s and an AS in College so I'm essentially going to do Year 13 twice. I want to do an apprenticeship starting 2018, so when do I look and apply.
Also- do I need to sign up to UCAS?
Hi, it's great you're interested in becoming an apprentice after college - and you have plenty of time to get organised. Yes, degree apprenticeships are listed on UCAS so you are right to be thinking ahead as there are ones now with a September 2017 start date, for example. It's also worth registering on gov.uk for email alerts as the Find an Apprenticeship service lists all live vacancies - including degree apprenticeships- and there are over 28,000 at any one time. You're thinking ahead which is great, good luck and I hope you find the right apprenticeship for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.66%
Excited (154)
9.11%
Worried (303)
17.92%
Terrified (376)
22.24%
Meh (162)
9.58%
Confused (37)
2.19%